Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 15, 2009, 7:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Ted,

As for high ISO performance being superior in the E-30 to the E-3- I don't know about that one. While the E-30 is far better than the E-510, I've not tried an E-3 to make a claim one way or the other.

Zig
All the reviews seem to indicate that the E-30 has a somewhat better high-ISO performance. Not enough for me to switch (I can't afford it anyway), but enough for me to believe the next iterations of the E-3 will be better in that department.

Quote:
Hi Ted,

If I were in your shoes, I'd wait for the next significant iteration of an Oly pro camera.

Zig
Yeah, that's what I plan. It's too expensive to trade up just for incremental improvements. Plus I do love this E-3.

Quote:
Hi Ted,

As for the microfourthirds EP-1, While I've gone on record as loving to have one, I don't have a clue as to what a pro level EP-1 would look like.
Everytime I say something about the EP-1 or the GF-1 Panasonic micro, I get myself in trouble. so I'm going to stop now. (grin)

Zig
Yeah, I hear you, me too. However, although I am totally uninterested in a live-view-only camera, I can understand that other folks (including you) might like one. And maybe pro photogs might like one too. But there's no way a pro photog would have one as their primary camera - a secondary one maybe, but no way as a primary one. The pros I work with use DSLRs. Period. Since a micro43 cam isn't a DSLR there's no way a "pro" micro43 will ever be a pro cam. Dunno what Oly is thinking there - they surely must know better. Just a marketing issue for them, I guess. Funny thing is, as a company with a relatively small market share they seem to be holding on well. So I'm baffled as to why they would claim that they will make a micro43 pro cam.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:11 PM   #12

Great shot Zig! I like it very much!

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote