Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 20, 2009, 9:17 PM   #1

Default Where are some of the long term regulars?

Hey Gang:

Have we heard from some of the old regulars lately? Like Scouse, GWillys, SignalSoldier, etc. Or have I just overlooked their postings?
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2009, 11:02 PM   #2

Things always gets quiet on forums at this time of year with back to school, etc. My own excuse is I've been busy with the camera club I help to run which starts the week after labour day. Things will pick up again when it starts getting colder!
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 6:09 PM   #3

Also, the folks on this forum IMHO tend (like me) to post that they're enjoying their current equipment, are sharing their photos, looking to keep up with the latest Oly developments, and occasionally want help with an equipment issue.

If you're looking for a whole lot of Oly action, you might want to join the Oly DSLR forum on DPReview - some of us post on there occasionally (i.e. me, Greg Chappell, and Zig who tells folks how much he loves his E-30 <grin>).

But be advised that the Oly forum on DPReview has a LOT of members and therefore a lot of daily traffic, so any particular post doesn't last long, usually no more than a few days - the forum has too much motion for anyone to keep up with a particular thread. Whereas this forum tends to foster a longer-term discussion. Also, the folks on that forum are mostly interested in getting way down into the weeds and they often are not (putting this tactfully) as courteous as we are here. I.e. if you post a photo there, you'll get some constructive feedback but there's a good chance you'll also get flamed by a few egotistical members.

But you might try that forum as well as this one. However, you'll need to accept the browser cookie for that forum so your browser can show you what you've seen or not seen. Otherwise you'll go nuts trying to keep up with it.

Greg, Zig, and others using the DPReview forum, please feel free to add your comments to mine.

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Sep 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:44 PM   #4

Good question Steven. I've been a bit curious about the wherabouts of Ken in Washington State. Haven't seen a post by him in quite some time. I believe SignalSoldier was deployed to the Middle East. As for Gwillys, haven't seen himpost since the bird contest.

I also agree with Mike, in that, people tend to post more when the Summer is over and they are stuck in the house.

Last edited by zig-123; Sep 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Also, the folks on this forum IMHO tend (like me) to post that they're enjoying their current equipment, are sharing their photos, looking to keep up with the latest Oly developments, and occasionally want help with an equipment issue.

If you're looking for a whole lot of Oly action, you might want to join the Oly DSLR forum on DPReview - some of us post on there occasionally (i.e. me, Greg Chappell, and Zig who tells folks how much he loves his E-30 <grin>).

Greg, Zig, and others using the DPReview forum, please feel free to add your comments to mine.

Ted

Yes, I have told people how much I enjoy using the E-30 at DPreview whenever someone posts a query relative to that particular camera body.
(hope I haven't been too overbearing).

I tend to read more of the posts there than actually participate in the discussions. The discussions can get rather prickly and, frankly, that's not my style. I believe in giving people space and respect their rights to their views regardless if it agrees with mine. Also some of the technical talk gets so involved in the extremes, that it just doesn't interest me.

I've always enjoyed the pace here. which is, as you've stated, Ted, a bit slower and easier to keep up with, if you've been away for a few days.

I enjoy both sites and recommend them to everyone that I know who dabbles in photography.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2009, 8:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
(hope I haven't been too overbearing).
Zig
Not at all - I just chuckle when I read your posts about the E-30 and I'm happy you're enjoying it as much as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
I tend to read more of the posts there than actually participate in the discussions. The discussions can get rather prickly and, frankly, that's not my style.
Zig
My thoughts exactly. Thanks.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote