Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:24 AM   #1

Default A gallery worth bookmarking

I know that many of you regular forum members are aware of the quality of work that Laura Pipkin does with regards to wildlife photography. However, there have been a fairly large number of new posters who may not be aware of what can be done with Olympus dslrs when it comes to birding.

Here is a link to her gallery at PBase.com: http://www.pbase.com/pipkin/picture_a_day_2009

Ms. Pipkin is a master at her craft. Visit her gallery when you get the chance.
Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2009, 9:36 AM   #2

Thanks for the link Zig!

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:17 PM   #3

I have watched her work but I didn't know she lives in DC. I live in the DC area and this tells me I have to get out more!
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 6:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
I have watched her work but I didn't know she lives in DC. I live in the DC area and this tells me I have to get out more!
You and me both, Ted.

Not sure how many people have taken the time to look at her photo of the day gallery. But what struck me was the high number of really great shots using the 50-200mm lens along with the EC-20 teleconverter. Up until today, when I glanced at her updates, I was seriously looking at getting the Sigma 50-500mm. But after l reviewing the image quality of her captures, I began to re-read the Sigma lens review as tested by SLR Gear.com. and came to the conclusion that at most, I'd add an EC-20 and perhaps a 70-300mm to the birding lens arsenal while skipping altogether the Sigma. The Sigma reviews I keep reading are just so-so at best.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:23 PM   #5

The EC20 doesn't seem to affect the image quality of the 50-200 one bit in her images! This folder, combined with the shots from Iceland where he used the same combination has me down for the EC20 soon.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote