Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 25, 2009, 3:05 PM   #1

Default E620 Noise Ninga Profiles Attached

See attached zip. These were developed with the in-camera noise reduction turned OFF.
Attached Files
File Type: zip E620_Profiles.zip (28.4 KB, 359 views)
turbines is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:51 PM   #2

Do you apply these to in-camera JPEG's or converted RAW files? If it's JPEG's, what are the other parameters, like sharpening, contrast, etc., that you use for your optimal results?
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:16 AM   #3

They are loaded to the Photoshop Noise Ninga plugin and applied to the TIFF developed from ORF. I shoot RAW mostly and have the camera set with noise reduction off and sharpening set to it lowest setting. The profiles were made using the out-of-focus images of the color chart provided by Noise Ninga following the instructions on the Noise Ninga site. You can develop your own profiles quickly and easily using the NN instructions.

So far I have been very impressed the results in images shot at higher ISO. I shoot JPEG with the same camera settings and then use NN, SharpControl for noise control and sharpening.

Last edited by turbines; Sep 27, 2009 at 9:21 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:46 PM   #4

Hi Turbines

Good to see your post.. any chance of seeing a few sample before and after shots ?

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2009, 12:52 PM   #5

Got my 70-300 ED lens yesterday and spent a couple of hours at the zoo. Didn't get many keepers and found I have a lot to learn about hand holding a lens equivalent to 600mm. I can see where I'll probably be using ISO 800 for a lot of hand held stuff. The Lioness was shot at 1/400 f5/6 300mm at ISO400. I used the Noise Ninga ISO400 profile on it and then sharpened it with Focalblade after resizing.

Attached Images

Old Oct 1, 2009, 4:00 PM   #6

Default Before & After

Here's an ISO 1000 before and after shot. I believe the uncorrected noise levels in this camera are much better than what I've seen posted in some of the reviews. Camera Sharpen was set at -2, Contrast at -1 and Saturation at -1. I am still reading the manual and I'm not sure that the adjustment of the Sharpen affects RAW.
Attached Images

Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:03 PM   #7

Good to see your post.. any chance of seeing a few sample before and after shots ?
tarwiyah is offline   Reply With Quote