Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 26, 2009, 1:27 AM   #1

Default messing with Adobe Lightroom 3 beta

-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2009, 2:15 AM   #2

Beautiful kitty! Great use of the vingetting tool.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 3:39 PM   #3

Hi Edge

Thats a fine looking puddy cat! What do you guys think of the file output from LR3 ? I've been using it since last week and output wise - the detail in the files is much better than in LR2/ACR and with noise looking very close to the OOC jpegs. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the app.

One negative that I have seen from LR3beta - on my work PC (Dell C2D/4GBRAM+XP) LR3 just grinds to a halt when you start to work on a image where as on my Core i7 at home doesn't "bat an eyelid". I know its beta software but LR2 beta's were never that bad performancewise.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2009, 6:24 PM   #4

Yes Harj, I am experiencing the same issues with core/memory usage, the ui is buggy still and I am on an older system, so it comes to a halt during certain operations, the print module is especially slow. I like the output a lot on LR3, I have 1.42 installed and never could justify spending money on v2, v3 will probably get my money though.
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:24 PM   #5

Hi Edge

They've definitely made a big improvement in terms of the IQ from the files in LR3, although I wish there was a specific LR camera profiles for Oly so that you know that the colours are going to be spot on with OOC jpegs. I like the way it handles high ISO files and that the noise now is very fine and yet detailed (aka like how studio/master).

I'm pretty surprised with performance problems when working in the develop module - very strange that Adobe didn;t spot how slow and unresponsive LR3 can be on a C2D (you'd think it would be aimed to work really well with a c2D) - my work PC was at 100% cpu usage as soon as I switched to it. Not sure about some of the GUI changes that they have made too -esp the import photo's option which is just completely wrong in my opinion. I need to test the other modules, like web and print ut at the moment I'm still playing around with the develop module.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote