Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 1, 2009, 1:05 PM   #1

Default Firefighter Combat Competition ... the U.S.Nationals

...the 2-day competition came to Arlington this past weekend. I am hoping it becomes an annual event, it was different and a fun time. I have several friends who are Arlington firefighters and my first grandson is about to graduate fire school... Oh! and I really like fire trucks too.

I used the E-3, 14-54 v.1 and 50-200 v.1 in AP mode in harsh light (day 1 at 1600 - 1830 hrs shot .jpg --- day 2 at 0800 - 1200 hrs shot Raw).

....victim rescue drag, life size 175 .lb -- 100 ft

The 5 story tower, carry the 50 lb hose bundle to the top, hoist up a 45 lb gear package then race down hitting every step on the way down

....run the pylon course then drag this 2" charged hose 100 feet, spray the target down and go to the victim drag.

same-same men or ladies competitors

...Texas' and the world's biggest BBQ grill & smoker !!! about it here http://www.pilgrimsbowl.com/history/...nov_10_04.aspx

.......more photos of the event may be seen here ==> http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/Other/...98605162_XGvza
____
boBB

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 2, 2009 at 2:20 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2009, 3:46 PM   #2

I heard this was coming on Saturday! If I were not going to be in Lubbock seeing my daughter (still there...I'm doing this on her machine), I would probably have seen you.

Wonderful weather for the Texas Tech-Kansas football game Saturday. I would have loved to have been able to shoot some images, but they pretty much don't let any camera in if you can change the lens.

Looks like it was just as pretty in Arlington. The colors and sharpness in these really look nice...especially when I move the screen from her 24 inch wide panel to the 52 inch wide screen TV! She's a little more of a tech geek with hardware than me.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:07 PM   #3

....t'was a pretty weekend after all those stormy days. The only way I get from my HP 2207 to a TV is to put files on DVD. One occasion I did interface to the 37 LCD Sharp, it worked but not worth the hassle so I bought the HP2207 monitor.

Thanks for the comment, I took a picture of a Careflight helicopter that turned out nice but forgot to adjust the shutter so it was like all my other SIF (stuff in flight) good but not normal for the things that rotate rapidly as in props/rotors. They all look like crashes about to take place, gotta work on that.

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 1, 2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:47 PM   #4

Bob, please check your private messages. You have one from me.
Thanks!

FP
FaithfulPastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:47 AM   #5

Nice photos, I am a fire rescue photographer and your photos were very nice.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 1:22 PM   #6

...thanks Dave, I appreciate your comment, this was a fun event and something different for me.
____
boBB