Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 8, 2009, 8:56 AM   #11

Default Aluminum Overcast visit

Bob, here is a shot from her visit.

Bob

Last edited by bhammitt; Jun 4, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 9:36 AM   #12

Very nicely done, Bob-

This obviously a very well cared for and special aircraft. I love photos of planes as I spent so many hours in them myself, 37,600 some hours in the old log book. Thanks for posting them.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:37 AM   #13

Bob, ....that is a great picture of the plane, I really like the lighting, thanks for sharing
Sarah, thank you for your remarks, much appreciated

I have fallen in love with this plane and its history as well as the original it replicates. There is so much information and photos available for this plane beginning with the EAA which of course sponsors it.

I've met several members of the local #34 EAA chapter and always find a visit inspiring to the point that I've wanted to get a 'sport light' license............ my Bonnie would rather I only photograph planes, she went through the motorcycle racing thing I did many years ago when I worked in that industry!

I just thought as I wrote this...... hmmmm, maybe a super duper Zuiko lens or two instead of an airplane, at least hanger space would be less.

Tnx, everyone for your kind remarks, next year I intend to find a lonely tour time and extensively photograph the innard area of the Aluminum Overcast. Reflecting back to Friday, I just should have come home to get the C7070WZ and done the photo set because I actually had AO to myself, it was a perfect time I let slip away because...............................
____
boBB

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 8, 2009 at 9:28 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 11:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammitt View Post
Bob, here is a shot from her visit.

Bob
What a great photo!

I think of the sound of the starter cranking as the previous engine puffing and not yet running smoothly. The sounds that accompanies that aircraft are music to my ears as much as your photo are candy to my eyes.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:51 PM   #15

Hi Bob

Now those are a really nice series of shots. She looks just simply superb and its gotta be so cool to get that close to it !

Any thoughts on getting the EC20 ?

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 6:46 PM   #16

Thanks so much for great shots of a piece of history. Love those old planes, and that one has been restored to a work of art.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:19 PM   #17

hi Harj & Steven

....yep, I would like having a tele-converter, either one, but I've not gotten the itch to the point I want to scratch it.

What I did do was go back to the airport today and finished off the B-17 gallery using my Oly WA lens (5.7mm) to do the interior. Here is a sample and a direct link to the new gallery files.

....the only 1st class seat, all others are economy

...........belly turret, very interesting seating position almost as difficult as the tail gun to get to then they closed the hatch that cannot be opened from inside the ball.... no thank you, luckily I would have been tooooo big to fit in that little claustrophobic inducer

The rest of today's and the interior shots are found beginning here http://bobbrennan.smugmug.com/Photog...3_yszTm#P-3-25
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:08 PM   #18

Awesome shots Bob!!!

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:02 PM   #19

Those clips in the first image look like they are ready to deal out some pain and misery.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Those clips in the first image look like they are ready to deal out some pain and misery.
Its where the term "The whole nine yards" comes from. Those belts are 27 ft long and I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end for certain.

One of the planes my prior boss got to reconstruct was a Grumman F4F Wildcat that went off a carrier during training in Lake Michigan. The military was present with the sole purpose of getting the Brownings off the craft. They wanted no possibility of an operational 50 cal. in civilian possession.

Greg

Last edited by fldspringer; Nov 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM.
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote