Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 7, 2009, 2:29 PM   #1

Default A really good photography book ...

Hi Guys and Gals

I'm not one for buying books on photography as there's always some really fantastic sites such as Steve's forums, strobist.com and luminous landscapes to name just a few. One book I would like to recommend as it just about covers everything and in such a nice and concise way is ...

Digital Photography Master Class by Tom Ang.
http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.u...315562,00.html

I was a bit biased when I purchased the book as I used to work at Dorling Kindersley many years ago but this is really one of those must have books - theres some really wonderful photography in the book, good tutorials, etc... don;t take my word for it read some of the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photog...7622140&sr=8-1

http://photofocus.com/2009/08/09/dig...-ang-dk-books/

Cheers

Harj

Last edited by HarjTT; Nov 7, 2009 at 2:31 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2009, 3:56 PM   #2

Hi Harj-

I got one! He also covers the post-processing technique very well, which is very helpful to me.

- Hiro
hiro1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:31 PM   #3

Hi Hiro

Have to agree with you on that .. it may not be the most thorough and in depth book you can buy but he's definitely got some really good information across all aspects of photography from composition, post processing, lighting, etc . Glad you like the book too!

Cheers

Harj

PS

My next book is going to be Joe Mcnally's "The moment it clicks" .. a bit difficult to get your mits on but its supposed to be one of the best tog books out there.

Last edited by HarjTT; Nov 7, 2009 at 4:39 PM.
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2009, 6:14 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I agree. Tom Ang's masterclass book is really quite excellent. I have recommended it to personal friends many times. I have a copy actually, well, its loaned out lol.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2009, 5:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post

PS

My next book is going to be Joe Mcnally's "The moment it clicks" .. a bit difficult to get your mits on but its supposed to be one of the best tog books out there.

Hi Harj,

Thanks for the suggestion on the Tom Ang book.

As for Dave McNally's book: The Moment It Clicks, I have it and can tell you that it's a great read with a wonderful photograph on each page and the story behind it. I enjoy his writing style. It's quick, to the point, and is written in the style of one photographer talking to another photographer.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote