Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 20, 2009, 12:17 AM   #1

Default Olympus E600?

I just happened to look at QVC and the "TSV" for Nov. 20 is an Olympus SLR. It's labeled an E600, 12.2mp with the 2 kit lenses, they're offering the kit for 699.95.
Has anyone heard of this model--is it one made just for QVC? It does have pop art filters and a swivel LCD screen, dust reduction and in camera image stabilization. I didn't have time to compare the focus system to other on market models, but if anyone checks it out, what are the opinions as compared to the 520 or 620??
It certainly is interesting!!
Angie I.
spedangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:04 AM   #2

It's a slightly stripped down version of the E-620 with 3 filters removed and the backlit buttons also not available. From what I can see the multi shot feature has also been removed.

Other than that, it should be the same as the E-620.

As for the differences between the E-600 and the E-520, The E-600 has better Dynamic Range, 7 point AF system vs 3 point, 12.3MP sensor vs 10MP, larger LCD. Just to name a few

If QVC is selling the E-600 with the 2 kit lenses at 599.00 that's a rather good deal.

Zig

I also meant to add that there was a press release in August announcing the E-600 and it's avaiilability in November. It is not an exclusive product to QVC.

Last edited by zig-123; Nov 20, 2009 at 9:49 AM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:43 AM   #3

I do not know if we'll ever see the E600 for sell in any other way. This may indeed be the only way to get an E600. Definitely better enough with the improved AF and exposure system to buy over the E520, but given the specs compared to an E620, I would never buy an E600 over it. I could not see it doing well in a brick & mortar store when the E620 two lens kit is just $100 more.

Kind of a curious model to be honest. Being only available in North America, it's almost like the E400, which was never available here.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 9:51 AM   #4

.....hi Angie,

I don't know about the E-600 .... I do know your Maine Coon (avatar, it is a MC isn't it) photo is of a beautiful cat and reminds me of our Autumn, a gray & white with a little bit of orange female, 1 year old, 11lbs of beautiful personality.
____
boBB

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2009, 11:47 PM   #5

hmmm, Bob I was thinking it was a Ragdoll cat, Seal Lynx Mitted?

I have a Flame Mitted Ragdoll, best cat ever...thinks he's a dog

-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:15 AM   #6

I'm glad you guys like my cat--Mojo is a "who knows what" cat that we got when he was about 4 months old. He was found in a tree by an employee of a local business who tried for two days to coax him down with little success- until a hard rainstorm when he was found huddled at the base of the tree. He was taken to the business where he remained until I met him and successfully lobbied to adopt him. He really is a sweetheart and a mixture of who knows what--I always think he has some Siamese with his blue eyes. He's nine years old now but he hasn't slowed down much.
Old Nov 21, 2009, 12:42 AM   #7

alright Angie, I have done some research and I can almost guarantee you have a ragdoll cat, they are a mix of Burmese, Siamese and Himalayan ...one very notable characteristic of these cats is that they will allow you to hold and carry them around, they will lay limp in your arms, hence the name ragdoll.

this is a seal lynx mitted ragdoll

-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2009, 8:54 AM   #8

Well, I like Mojo's photo, he is a handsome fellow. =edge= thanks for the ID.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:53 AM   #9

Ritz Camera had an add for the E-600 last week.
whitepass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2009, 2:34 PM   #10

I went to some mitted ragdoll sites and wow--I never would have guessed that our little Mojo could be a highfallutin purebreed! He does look exactly like several of the pictures I saw. Thanks for the info. It makes us wonder where he came from--other than the tree in which he started his "known" history. No matter, he is much loved for many years.