Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:29 AM   #1

Default Lens Missing

In perusing the B&H website just....looking....something seemed to be missing and, sure enough, when I finally figured it out it was the 14-35mm f2 SWD. It's not even listed anymore. Interesting. I'll check again later. Hopefully it's just a glitch on their site.

BTW... Bob, a friend took me to the Tech-Balyor game at "The Palace" Saturday evening and the security gestapo would not let me in with an E620 and 70-300....all I needed to make it my last game there. About the only thing they'll let you in with is your car keys so you can leave at the end of the game, and your wallet so you can spend (a lot of) money while there.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:40 AM   #2

Greg, the Parade Magazine that comes with the Sunday paper just wrote about this and I thought of you when i read it:

http://www.parade.com/news/2009/11/2...-too-much.html

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 7:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
In perusing the B&H website just....looking....something seemed to be missing and, sure enough, when I finally figured it out it was the 14-35mm f2 SWD. It's not even listed anymore. Interesting. I'll check again later. Hopefully it's just a glitch on their site.
Its the third lens from the top when I tap into their site, and in stock at that.

Seems they arrange by numeric, digit by digit. Because 1 is smaller than 7, the 11-22 is before the 7-14 and so on. Wierd way to set a default if you ask me, but they didn't ask

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 9:23 AM   #4

Quote:
....all I needed to make it my last game there
Maybe if you had just said, "c'mon now, lemme in just this time and I won't ever come back".
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 10:28 AM   #5

Default Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldspringer View Post
Seems they arrange by numeric, digit by digit. Because 1 is smaller than 7, the 11-22 is before the 7-14 and so on. Wierd way to set a default if you ask me, but they didn't ask

Greg
If you just sort the Oly lenses by price, highest first, the SHG lenses are easy to find. (grin)

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
If you just sort the Oly lenses by price, highest first, the SHG lenses are easy to find. (grin)

Ted
I don't need anymore lenses... I don't need anymore lenses... I don't need anymore lenses....

I'm still contending with the unintended shopping list from my last purchase. First was the extended warranty, then the $150 filter, now a larger backpack, heavier tripod, ball head or gimbal, blind(s) and camo lens covers.

I'm going to have to get off my butt and get a couple lenses sold that I've got covered by other kit. But, I don't need any more lenses!!! Maybe an EC-20

Greg

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:44 AM   #7

I'm glad to see others see it. Last night I scanned the two pages of lenses...multiple times looking for the 14-35. I knew how B&H arranges and where I've seen it before, but it was not on the page I was looking at. It was obviously a glitch in how the page loaded and I just didn't re-try.

And Bob....yeah, right!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:35 PM   #8

Greg, the only one I am seeing has an international warranty, so that would be grey market...odd, I had just been looking at them. the one that is listed does not have an option for the extended warranty, which is a dead giveaway for grey market
-=edge=- is offline   Reply With Quote