Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:12 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Yupperzzzzz.... got a used one for $9. A new one from China was twice that!
Because of the large number of manual Zuiko lens, I've bought a number of adapters in the past 2 years. I have one from China that has a focus confirmation light, but I found it to be inconsistent. The absolute best quality adapters were actually Fotodiox from USA. They used to sell on e-Bay; I haven't checked lately, but they probably still sell there. With a little practice, you can manual focus okay with the Zuiko. You'll have a few throw-aways, but most will be fine. One of my favorite old lens is a 50mm Macro.

The live view is a big advantage with the manual lens; especially with the 10x enlargement feature of the live view screen
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:35 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Because of the large number of manual Zuiko lens, I've bought a number of adapters in the past 2 years. I have one from China that has a focus confirmation light, but I found it to be inconsistent. The absolute best quality adapters were actually Fotodiox from USA. They used to sell on e-Bay; I haven't checked lately, but they probably still sell there. With a little practice, you can manual focus okay with the Zuiko. You'll have a few throw-aways, but most will be fine. One of my favorite old lens is a 50mm Macro.

The live view is a big advantage with the manual lens; especially with the 10x enlargement feature of the live view screen
I was looking at the AF Confirm adapters. Somehow, I got it into my head that it was enabling the AF... until a dug a little deeper. I seem to recall reading about an adapter that does that. Know anything about it?
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
I was looking at the AF Confirm adapters. Somehow, I got it into my head that it was enabling the AF... until a dug a little deeper. I seem to recall reading about an adapter that does that. Know anything about it?
I'm not familiar with that, I would doubt that would be possible, as there is no motor in the lens to turn the focus ring. The focus confirmation adapter illuminate the focus light when you manually hit the right focus point.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2009, 10:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I'm not familiar with that, I would doubt that would be possible, as there is no motor in the lens to turn the focus ring. The focus confirmation adapter illuminate the focus light when you manually hit the right focus point.
Aaaaaaahhhhh... I see now. Thanks!
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:47 PM.