Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 21, 2009, 7:51 PM   #1

Default About me and my gears

Hi Everyone,

I'm fairly new here to the forum. I've been reading for a while but just started posting couple days ago. I'm glad I found this on-line Oly community, I really appreciate all the comments and suggestion given here by the other experienced photographers. So I like to introduce myself and try to learn more photography skill on this site.

I've been doing photography exclusively with Olympus for 3 years. I have to admit I love all Zuiko lenses, so I've been stick to them since day one. Even I've invested quit a bit on equipments but I still have a long way to go on my photography skills. Here are some of my current gears, hope my photo techniques can catch up with my gears very soon. Thanks for all your support.
Attached Images

Last edited by jacobt; Dec 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM.
jacobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:21 PM   #2
Super Moderator

welcome to the forums. you have a nice looking bit of kit there. look forward to seeing your work and seeing it progress.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:16 PM   #3

A hearty welcome to the Forum, jacobt-

We're delighted that you dropped by. We're a friendly group and always willing help new folks. I am myself relatively new to the folder, but I have surely appreciated all of the friendly suggestions and comradship. It nice to be amon Olympus folks.

Have a great day and a Merry Christmas.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:53 PM   #4

Thanks for all the warm welcome. I'm already feel like home here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
Old Dec 22, 2009, 2:44 PM   #5

Hi jacobt
Good to see new people here. From your kit I see you have invested quite a bit in lenses.

You said you have been Olympus user for 3 years did you ever have other makerís equipment if so what type and what made you decide on Olympus?

What lenses do you find you use the most as they is quite a bit of overlap on the 12-60mm swd and 35-100mm.

I'm trying to save up for the 35-100mm but Iím on crappie wages lol.

So once again welcome to this forum as it moves along at a nice leisurely pace.
Dangerous Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Brian View Post
Hi jacobt
Good to see new people here. From your kit I see you have invested quite a bit in lenses.

You said you have been Olympus user for 3 years did you ever have other makerís equipment if so what type and what made you decide on Olympus?

What lenses do you find you use the most as they is quite a bit of overlap on the 12-60mm swd and 35-100mm.

I'm trying to save up for the 35-100mm but Iím on crappie wages lol.

So once again welcome to this forum as it moves along at a nice leisurely pace.
Hi Brian,

I was using Canon point&shoot cameras before till I bought my 1st Oly E510 3 years ago. Over the last 3 years I built up my lens collections quite a bit. So far I have 50 f2, 12-60, 18-180, 70-300, 50-200 and 35-100. You can tell they overlap quite a bit but they all have their pros and cons so I decided to keep them all
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:40 PM   #7

The 35-100 f2 looks really nice on that E30. Without the massive hood, it looks not that much larger than a 50-200 SWD....without its' hood to, of course.

It's been a while since I was last down to Austin to do any photography. So long that I think the last time I was, it was with a Nikon F4s and I was scanning film....YUK. I need to put that on a 3 day weekend planner sometime the next few months.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:34 PM   #8

Hi Greg,

Here are some downtown Austin spots you may want to stop by when you're here.
Attached Images