Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:01 AM   #1

Default 5 reasons for me to be thankful today

Hi All,
Well, there are hundreds of reasons for me to be thankful this Holiday. But these 5 come to mind first. My wife and 4 grandkids. That's Samantha with the "How long must I endure this torture, Grandpa" look.

In a few short hours, I'll be with them and their parents. I hope you spend the next couple of days with the ones you love, too.

And my heart goes out to the thousands of brave men and women in our armed forces stationed all over the world, who can't be home with their loved ones. May God bless you and keep you from harms way.
Attached Images

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2009, 9:50 AM   #2

Great shot, Zig!

I cannot believe this....just spoke to my mother in Wichita Falls, which is around 150 miles north of Dallas. They have blizzard conditions. Snowing like crazy and 50 MPH winds and it sounds like its' on the way here, so I may not be driving up there until Christmas Day.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:33 AM   #3

Hi Greg,

Thanks........

The weather is always a bit tricky this time of year. The forecast for today around here was for Sunny but cold conditions. Well I woke this morning to see the snow falling and it hasn't let up yet. Ours is a 80 mile drive north from here to my daughters home. I'll just put the Explorer into 4 wheel high and drive slow 'til we get there.

I hope you get there safe and sound.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 10:52 AM   #4

Greg and Zig-

Please be careful if you venture out on to the highways and weather. Bradle and I decided that due to the weather up in Portland that we would not make the 14 hour round trip trek this year.

We will stay warm and snug right here. Be safe, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
And my heart goes out to the thousands of brave men and women in our armed forces stationed all over the world, who can't be home with their loved ones. May God bless you and keep you from harms way.
I have a pit in my stomach thinking of the moms/dads, sons/daughters, and spouses that won't be with their families. It makes me want every one of them home, but then I think of the importance of their assignments and keeping us and millions in their host countries safe.

If any service members happen to bump into this, thank you and our thoughts are with you and your families. We appreciate!!!!!

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 12:03 PM   #6

.............and it was 72 deg F here 24 hours ago.

Zig, your initial post.............. here! here!

Everyone be careful and safe, ours in only a 20 mile hop South to Crowley, TX, tomorrow.

At this minute we do have snow in the air, I was just outside and biggo' splatches were splattering off my bald head, it is COLD too # 37 deg.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 5:32 PM   #7

My wishes for all of you to have safe travels and to share good times with loved ones!! Merry Christmas to all.
Zig: great looking family that you have!

(P.S. -- its 75 degrees here.)

Be safe.
Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote