Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:52 PM   #1

Default Wild desires

Years ago, I had to sell my well loved and used OLy C-8080 to purchase my first DSLR, an Oly E-300. We I always regretted having to do that. Last week I stumbled across a C-8080 on E-Bay, crossed my fingers, and purchased the C-8080.

Well, the C-8080 was delivered along with the mail this afternoon. Here is a photo of our Christmas Eve sunset taken from our back deck.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2009, 8:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Years ago, I had to sell my well loved and used OLy C-8080 to purchase my first DSLR, an Oly E-300. We I always regretted having to do that. Last week I stumbled across a C-8080 on E-Bay, crossed my fingers, and purchased the C-8080.

Well, the C-8080 was delivered along with the mail this afternoon. Here is a photo of our Christmas Eve sunset taken from our back deck.

Sarah Joyce
Sarah: Great photo, and I also still use and love my C-8080. (I couldn't bring myself to part with it when I moved up to 4/3rds.) I have taken some of my favorite photos with it. My personally feeling is that the lens of the C8080 is one of the best. I would love to see some more photos when you get a chance.

Best wishes always,
Steven R.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:23 PM   #3

Thanks, Steven-

Yes, I will be posting more photos from the C-8080, as time allows. As you can imagine this being Christmas Eve, as a Mom of 8 and a Grandma to 15 grand children, I have been a busy beaver today, to sorely understate my real life experience.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah Joyce
Old Dec 25, 2009, 4:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post

Well, the C-8080 was delivered along with the mail this afternoon.
Sarah Joyce
Congratulations! I hope you enjoy having it back as much as I'm enjoying having the L1 back.

Merry Christmas!

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 4:51 AM   #5

Sarah,

You did have a very nice X-mas present, I have been looking on ebay for my first camera which was stolen many many years ago. A canon AE-1 Program. Just have not pull the trigger yet. Got to love ebay. Merry X-mas form the other side of the pond.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 5:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Sarah,

You did have a very nice X-mas present, I have been looking on ebay for my first camera which was stolen many many years ago. A canon AE-1 Program. Just have not pull the trigger yet. Got to love ebay. Merry X-mas form the other side of the pond.
Check your private messages.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:48 AM   #7

Many thanks to all the Olympus DSLR Forum Folks-

Yep, it is nice to have a Oly C-8080 in the camera arsenal again. It was sort of my Christmas present to myself.

Have a wonderful Cristmas Day!

Sarah Joyce