Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Steven,

For the first time, my wife and I rented a condo in Marco for the month of March. I'm starting to count the days already......................
Zig
Hey zig, that's great. Marco is a great place to relax and take it easy. I won't even kid you about how boring it is being surrounded by all the old retired folks who live there!!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Hey zig, that's great. Marco is a great place to relax and take it easy. I won't even kid you about how boring it is being surrounded by all the old retired folks who live there!!
Yo, Steven, Zig IS retired. Wouldn't he fit right in?

grin

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Yo, Steven, Zig IS retired. Wouldn't he fit right in?

grin

Ted
that interesting to know. Didn't Jerry Seinfeld say on his TV show that it was the law that people up north who retire are required to move to Florida?? What's he still doing in Massachusetts? LOL!!

SR
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohn View Post
Tho we are a little cold..the rest of the province and indeed canada is in a deep freeze!

I guess we can blame A Gore and Global Warming for THAT.
Um, from the entire beginning of the global warming research years ago, long before Al Gore got involved, scientists across the world said that although the global trend would be one of warming, specific locations would see variable results including ones of significantly lower temperatures at times.

Ted (M.S. - Physics, 1971)
Old Jan 8, 2010, 8:25 PM   #15

Quote:
that interesting to know. Didn't Jerry Seinfeld say on his TV show that it was the law that people up north who retire are required to move to Florida?? What's he still doing in Massachusetts? LOL!!
SR
I think he's trying to tough it out each winter because he doesn't think the fly fishing in Florida is good enough to get him to move. Plus maybe he doesn't think there are any pretty birds worth photographing down there. All you're showing him is pelicans and reptiles...

grin

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Jan 8, 2010 at 8:34 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 10:12 PM   #16

Quote:

SR
Yes, I am retired and have been since 2001. My does time fly when you're having fun.
As for Florida, the 1st time we stayed in Marco, we shared a unit in a complex called Della Boca Vista.... or Boca Della Vista can't remember which. But it was too close to the name of the place that Seinfelds' parents stayed while in Florida.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2010, 11:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Yes, I am retired and have been since 2001. My does time fly when you're having fun.
As for Florida, the 1st time we stayed in Marco, we shared a unit in a complex called Della Boca Vista.... or Boca Della Vista can't remember which. But it was too close to the name of the place that Seinfelds' parents stayed while in Florida.
The Seinfeld show just happens to be on a local channel tonight and the condo on the show was "Del Boca Vista"- maybe you were staying there!!!
That's funny!
Old Jan 9, 2010, 12:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
I think he's trying to tough it out each winter because he doesn't think the fly fishing in Florida is good enough to get him to move. Plus maybe he doesn't think there are any pretty birds worth photographing down there. All you're showing him is pelicans and reptiles...

grin

Ted
?Only pelicans and reptiles?? Grin

Old Jan 9, 2010, 6:24 AM   #19

Quote:
?Only pelicans and reptiles?? Grin
Now that might get him interested! Grin
Old Jan 9, 2010, 7:33 AM   #20

Hi Guys,

Nice images Steven. The Gulf side of Florida certainly offers a lot of photo opportunities. Besides the sandy beaches and waterscapes, We've been lucky enough to visit some state wildlife sanctuaries that have a myriad of birds, and animals, not to mention gators.
(or is it crocodiles)
Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote