Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 24, 2010, 12:34 PM   #1

Default Back to something that actually works...

I went to the Arboretum yesterday to renew my membership for the year and took a walk to see what was there, and we do still have some color out there in small places. I shot this with my E30 and 50-200+EX25. Shot RAW and processed in ACR/Photoshop CS4 with negative clarity added for a soft focus effect....it's nice to open something up after a couple of days that actually stays up for a change...

Same setup, but with regular processing.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Jan 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2010, 1:31 PM   #2

Nice shots Greg. I especialy like the blue color of number 3. Is that the actual shade of the flower? Have you noticed that on some shades of purple flowers, the color comes out on the blue side, even in sunlight?

There are certains purple flower species that I know to change the auto white blance to "shade" even when they are in sunlight. It seem to reproduce the purple more accurately.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:51 PM   #3

I have noticed Auto White Balance does often turn purple to blue with in-camera JPEG's. In this particular case, yes this was the correct color of this flower. The sunlight white balance pre-set will also often help with purples. If I'm shooting RAW I won't even bother dealing with the in-camera white balance setting and just fix it in the RAW converter.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote