Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:13 PM   #1

Default black and white lcd???

first of all, this is my first post and first dslr.

bought it yesterday and today my lcd is going from color to black and white and will stay that way for quite some time.

the pics are still color but im confused if i changed something accidently that may have caused this
nate.spangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:24 PM   #2

The LCD display is bright and is in color when being used. If you do not make any settings changes in about 10seconds, the display goes into a battery save mode that darkens the screen- turning into black and white.

Sounds like it's working just fine.

Try this as a check; once the screen goes dark, depress the shutter button half way. If the LCD screen comes back into view in color, it's working just fine.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:51 PM   #3

thanks for the quick reply but in reading some other post, just after i posted this (of course), i read the words "live boost" and thought i would check that. sure enough it fixed the issue.

it was almost always black and white and seemed to goto color whenever it felt like it and then right back to black and white

i think we need a "thanks button"

by the way i just found this forum about an hour ago and upon looking at all these photographs... you guys/girls are amazing. i need to do some homework!

Last edited by nate.spangler; Jan 29, 2010 at 10:53 PM.
nate.spangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
just after i posted this (of course), i read the words "live boost" and thought i would check that. sure enough it fixed the issue.

it was almost always black and white and seemed to goto color whenever it felt like it and then right back to black and white
If I had a chance to answer, the live view boost (LVB) would have been mine.

It's used when there's little light, to help you see.

The screen in LVB mode works just like your eyes do when there's little light, your vision goes black and white when there's little light, and colour when there's enough light to see colour.

Of course when you use LVB or not is up to you.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote