Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:46 AM   #1

Default Winter's colors

It's been a bit difficult getting excited about going out and taking photographs of anything as it's cold and really dreary these days. But I have managed to go out briefly a couple of times and this is what it looks like right now, here on the Cape.
I can't wait to get to Florida and see some Sun
Attached Images

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:53 AM   #2

.......I really like the second of these Zig, I like everything about it because of a remembrance it brings to me from time more than 50 years ago.

AND! it is a good photo too.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:54 AM   #3

Where are the "polar bear" guys who like to go swimming in that type stuff in the middle of winter?! That's what I want to see!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Where are the "polar bear" guys who like to go swimming in that type stuff in the middle of winter?! That's what I want to see!
I think they're hibernating..........
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.......I really like the second of these Zig, I like everything about it because of a remembrance it brings to me from time more than 50 years ago.

AND! it is a good photo too.
____
boBB
Hi Bob,

Thanks. The 2nd photo is of the great salt marsh and is literally across the street form the neighborhood I live in. I took it yesterday morning immediately after the snow had fallen and before it could turn gray.

It can affect your mood because it covers such a large expanse. In the Summer months when the color of the water turns a warm aqua and the vegetation is lush and green, whenever I see it, I get a good upbeat feeling. During the Winter months and days when the skies are cloudy and dark, it amazes me how depressing it can look and how bummed out it makes me.

Zig
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post

During the Winter months and days when the skies are cloudy and dark, it amazes me how depressing it can look and how bummed out it makes me.

Zig
Hi, Zig

Good photos. I envy you for having those coastal views in the winter. Around here everything is brown in the winter.

You have previously motivated me to try to get out on weekends to shoot but we're having an endless series of winter storms every weekend - the latest is 12" to 20" of snow from tomorrow (Friday) until Saturday night.

So this weekend will be like my previous (astronomy) hobby in northern Arizona when the skies weren't clear - "cloudy night reading" this weekend. Hope you dodge this latest storm.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:36 PM   #7

Hi Zig,

Those are great photos but I have to say the winter color is kind of bored up there. Here is the pic I took the other day during sunset, hope this can warm you up a little
Attached Images

jacobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:41 PM   #8

Hey Ted,

Bring in another load of firewood and stoke up the fireplace. You guys certainly have had your share of downright nasty weather blowing through this Winter.
We've actually been lucky . Other than the weather being dreary and cold, we haven't had a great deal of snow-Yet. And, it looks as if we're on the periphery of this next one. Right now, forecast is for high winds and a few inches of the white stuff.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 7:46 PM   #9

Hey Jacob,

NO ONE LIKES A SHOWOFF!................(only kidding)

Actually, that's a great shot. Intense colors and I like the outline of the trees
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:18 AM   #10

Those are real good images, Zig. Are you still using the E510? I sometime regret having sold mine.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote