Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 17, 2010, 5:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Greg,

Your shots are always beautiful - with bugs or not........

Thanks for posting and keeping this thread going. I'd love to see a whole bunch more from others as well. It will help keep me from looking at the snow falling
outside.
Its that time of year. Cabin fever in full swing. I'll try to look on the bright side. There is a little light in the morning when I go to work, and if I don't stay there too long there is light when I go home. I usually see the first robin in Feb, so the grip of ol' man winter is soon to begin easing.

Its been a crappy winter for photography for me. Every weekend seems overcast and low contrast snow is my least favorite subject.

You got wacked this year with snow and all, but soon you get to shoot all the spring stuff like this.

For the picture stuff, spring is my favorite time. Its right around the corner now!

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 7:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Its right around the corner now!
.............yeah, ain't it though and well worth waiting for. For us in the DFW metroplex of Texas, yesterday was nice and for the next 4 or 5 days Spring-Like weather is forecast.

That's a pretty picture too. :-)
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 8:10 AM   #13

Default Spring may be just around the corner

Spring may indeed be just around the corner for some, but you might have a hard to convincing this little guy................
Taken this morning after a little snow fall.
Attached Images

zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 8:14 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post

Thanks for posting and keeping this thread going. I'd love to see a whole bunch more from others as well. It will help keep me from looking at the snow falling
outside.
You are right, Zig: it's time we looked forward to spring. Here is some sights that you should see when you get down here to Florida next month:

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 9:39 PM   #15

More...

I think these are ZD 50 f2 pics. The Digital Zuikos are outstanding. The 50 f2 is at the top of those lenses.

Greg
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:15 PM   #16

Hi Zig, yes, I usually go to bed late (but not that late...last night I really got carried away. I have a collection of old 50mm primes. I started with a Pentax 1.7, then I bought a Sears 2.0 (very compact - pancake type), which is good but because it starts at f2.0, DoF is not as shallow. Next was a Chinon f1.9 (Pentax mount) and I liked it so much that I started looking for a faster one until I finally got a 1.7. My latest addition was the Canon 1.4. It's a fine lens but not easy to work with. The DoF is so shallow that it's almost impossible to get a full flower in focus at f1.4. As for the second shot, I spotted the flower through branches and leaves, which caused the effect you referred to because the were much closer to the lens and at f1.8 they were totally blurred.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2010, 11:26 PM   #17

Wow, I missed page 2...some outstanding work here...absolutely awesome. Greg, you've posted some excellent shots. You are right, the ZD lenses are some of the best one can get. I regret to this day having sold all my Oly equipment last year.

Here are a couple more taken with the EP1 + Canon FD 50mm f1.4.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:59 AM   #18

Default Thanks to all of you for sharing

Hey Steven/Greg/Tullio,

Yikes! these are all wonderful shots guys. I think it just warmed up 20 degrees in my room just looking at your images

Greg,
The clarity and resolution of the last image is just perfect! Beautiful.

Hi Tullio,
Looks to me, like you're really enjoying playing around with that EP-1.
Olympus has come a long way, in terms of sensor (Panny CMOS) and processing engine since the E-510 days.

I'm curious, do you still have your Sony dslr ?
Zig
Old Feb 18, 2010, 7:01 AM   #19

As sharp as the 50mm 2.0 macro lens is, the 35mm ZD macro is also a fine little performer, especially, considering the price. A used one can readily be found for around 150.00.

First shot is with the 35mm macro
The 2nd and 3rd were taken at a farmer's market using a 70-300mm.
Also, a nice lens with good macro capabilities.
Attached Images

Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:48 PM   #20

A lot of good shots on this post. Zig how do you like the
14 54 . I'm considering a lens to replace the 14 42 this year and the 12 60 is more than I want to invest. The shot you took with it looks pretty darn good. Do you feel it is a significant upgrade in quality and usage.
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote