Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:13 PM   #1

Default E-620 image error notification

Hello all!

I've been terribly excited about my new E-620 and I've been having a wonderful time with it. I've had it for about 2 months and have been noticing a problem in that some of the images it takes (standard JPEG) aren't able to be displayed on either my computer or on the camera itself. When I view the images in-camera via playback, it says "image error" in red text on a black screen.

I first noticed it happening one evening after it had snowed. It was probably 30 degrees F outside and I figured it had something to do with the cold temperatures. But then the error happened again when I was indoors a few weeks later. So far there have been a total of 15 or so error messages, with a great majority of them happening outside in the cold.

I've never turned the camera off during a mid-write stream, nor have I taken the battery out.

Any one else having similar difficulties? Any solutions? Thanks!
andersjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:19 PM   #2

Have you tried switching to another CF card? Looks like you have a bad CF card in there.
jacobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:20 PM   #3

I haven't experienced any problems at all with mine and while I'm not sure exactly how it would be done, I would do a hard reset on it. I'm sure someone more learned will come along shortly with more pertinent advice.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 4:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersjc View Post
Hello all!

I've been terribly excited about my new E-620 and I've been having a wonderful time with it. I've had it for about 2 months and have been noticing a problem in that some of the images it takes (standard JPEG) aren't able to be displayed on either my computer or on the camera itself. When I view the images in-camera via playback, it says "image error" in red text on a black screen.

I first noticed it happening one evening after it had snowed. It was probably 30 degrees F outside and I figured it had something to do with the cold temperatures. But then the error happened again when I was indoors a few weeks later. So far there have been a total of 15 or so error messages, with a great majority of them happening outside in the cold.

I've never turned the camera off during a mid-write stream, nor have I taken the battery out.

Any one else having similar difficulties? Any solutions? Thanks!

Have you formatted the flash card? If not, then press the menu button and the 1st item you see is card set up. I would format your card.

Also, another way to check to see if it's the card or the camera is to switch from compact flash to an XD card (if you have one).

One last item, that I neglected to mention. Do you take your card out of the camera when downloading files to your computer? If not, you may want to remove it from it's slot and then re-install the card making sure you seat it firmly.

Zig

Last edited by zig-123; Feb 18, 2010 at 4:36 PM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2010, 10:46 PM   #5

First, what card are you using? Is this a card you bought in a store, or did you buy it on eBay?

Second, have you ever formatted the card, in the camera?
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote