Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:02 AM   #1

Default olympus digital slr school

hi all, i just signed up for the olympus digital slr school event in pittsburgh on mar 13, i was wondering if anyone has attended any of these events and what they thought about them. i am not holding my breath at learning a whole lot but am more interested in how olympus handles itself in a consumer environment. it would also be nice if they had some top end glass there for trying out, again though i am not holding my breath.

charles
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshanaberger View Post
hi all, i just signed up for the olympus digital slr school event in pittsburgh on mar 13, i was wondering if anyone has attended any of these events and what they thought about them. i am not holding my breath at learning a whole lot but am more interested in how olympus handles itself in a consumer environment. it would also be nice if they had some top end glass there for trying out, again though i am not holding my breath.

charles
I, for one, would be interested to know how you fare and what the curriculum/agenda shoots for. I tend to shy away from things like this because more often than not, they're masked sales/promo events.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:50 AM   #3

They had one in the Dallas area last year and I considered going until I saw the $99 price and the location was the Dallas Arboretum where I go all the time and have a membership.

Let us know about your experience afterwards. It would be interesting to know how they work.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:13 PM   #4

i will be sure to let everyone know how it goes, gary i know they like pushing products at these events, a necessary evil i guess. i would just hope that they have actual products to see & handle, as 99% of the time when i order equipment, it is sight unseen.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:27 PM   #5

Being able to see new equipment is definitely a plus if they do. I know a few years ago I attended a seminar conducted by Rick Sammon and Canon had a table there with a lot of their line for people to fondle during the breaks. Holding a 1Ds body and feeling 8-10 frames a second being fired off is quite a feeling of power...
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2010, 3:41 PM   #6

I would like to go to an Oly dslr class if they ever have one in this area. Sometimes seeing someone elses expertise helps a whole lot if it's hands on. I would love to get my hands on the 300 F2.8 lens just once and try it out : )
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:50 PM   #7

hi charles,

I too, would love to know your experience at the school. To me, the ability to use and evaluate Olympus' high grade lenses would justify the price of admission.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
hi charles,

I too, would love to know your experience at the school. To me, the ability to use and evaluate Olympus' high grade lenses would justify the price of admission.

Zig
or hooking you with a financial burden for many months.
fldspringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2010, 5:33 PM   #9

Keep us posted on the school.. I think everyone here on the firum would be really interested to know what it was like and what little tips and tricks they have kept up their sleeves.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote