Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
I'm waiting for the Lumix 100-300mm. Since it's been designed for the m4/3, it will be much more compact and there will be no need for adapters. The only caveat is the price.

BTW, very nice shots, Zig.
Based on the pricing of their current lens offerings, that will be one large caveat!

If I can be serious for a moment, If I had an mFT body, I would be hard pressed to put any money into buying lenses made for the fourthirds system as it defeats the whole purpose of the system- which is to be small compact and lightweight. Besides, the Lumix 100-300mm lens would be optically corrected for the mFT body.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 6:13 AM   #12

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

And yes, Ken, I'm having fun with the camera down here. The fishing here has been lousy and I haven't bothered to wet a line as yet. So, the camera has been a blessing to have along.

I'm taking an airboat ride thru the Everglades this morning and hoping to have a lot of photo opps. Maybe I'll get something good enough to post.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
...If I had an mFT body, I would be hard pressed to put any money into buying lenses made for the fourthirds system as it defeats the whole purpose of the system- which is to be small compact and lightweight. ...
True in some respects. In reality, I think most m4/3 users are shooting with old vintage lenses, which are heavy and bulky. Part of the reason is the lack of m4/3 lens options. Then the question becomes, do I spend money on a 4/3 lens that can AF on my G1/EP1 or get some old 300mm glass that is even heavier and I need to perform MF? I've spent a lot of money trying to egt a decent MF macro lens. I'd be far better off if I had bought the Lumix adapter with the Oly 35mm macro instead.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Thanks to everyone for your kind comments. They are much appreciated.

And yes, Ken, I'm having fun with the camera down here. The fishing here has been lousy and I haven't bothered to wet a line as yet. So, the camera has been a blessing to have along.

I'm taking an airboat ride thru the Everglades this morning and hoping to have a lot of photo opps. Maybe I'll get something good enough to post.

Zig
Hi zig: enjoyed your shots; looking forward to your everglades shots. I really like the pelican shot. (No smart remarks from the group about the number of pelican shots that I take)

Sorry about the lousy weather we are having down here, we're averaging about 15 degrees below normal this winter.

Oh P.S. -how could I forget to ask if you've caught any spring training games yet? By the way, you should come on up to Tampa to catch a game. Your favorite team, the NY Yankees train here! LOL!!

Last edited by Steven R; Mar 9, 2010 at 9:20 PM.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:05 PM   #15

I like that "Sunset over the Palapas" shot. I tried a couple like that in mexico.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 1:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....nice shots Zig, I agree with Greg's comments, that would be tricky alright.

Shucks, i made an attempt at a 'flyover' turkey buzzard the other day and it didn't work out at all, the buzzard was only floating around..... no bird's for me, I like seeing yours and am satisfied.

Bummer about the WiFi and the wind....
Someone say Turkey Buzzard..
Attached Images

Old Mar 10, 2010, 2:12 AM   #17

Lovely photos, zig!!! The second one is really neat... love the colour, composition and design! Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 7:17 AM   #18

....yeah Ken I did mention it and glad so that it brought your photo, this is one of the better photos of the ole garbage handler I've seen. That bird is actually attractive in this pose.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 10:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Someone say Turkey Buzzard..
That's a great capture!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2010, 11:09 AM   #20

Didn't mean to jack Ziggys thread. I disturbed his fish head meal on the beach and just grabbed the shot. Lucky one.