Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 16, 2010, 9:11 AM   #11

....Bonnie & I have been to Vegas many times, it still is a destination for us. When we lived in Huntington Beach, CA, Bonnie's parents lived in Las Vegas, we made the trip up HWY 395 (now 15) quite regularly for several years. My brother has lived there for many years, sometimes we just walk around visiting places for lunch and 'gawking'.

It does make a difference if visiting family & not just doing the tourist trip.

Last edited by boBBrennan; Mar 16, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2010, 8:21 PM   #12

I worked in Las Vegas for two years and really liked the place. Had some great times, and it's a great place for photography. (It helped that I was able to stay in the big hotels on the strip.)

Explored the area all around, and took a lot of photos. I still enjoy going back on vacation there from time to time.

(Ted: -I visited the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef once when I was staying at the hotel. I'm sure that I got some great shots, but unfortunately my digital camera was stolen from my rental car. Hope the thief enjoyed that camera and the fish shots.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 2:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I worked in Las Vegas for two years and really liked the place. Had some great times, and it's a great place for photography. (It helped that I was able to stay in the big hotels on the strip.)

Explored the area all around, and took a lot of photos. I still enjoy going back on vacation there from time to time.

(Ted: -I visited the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef once when I was staying at the hotel. I'm sure that I got some great shots, but unfortunately my digital camera was stolen from my rental car. Hope the thief enjoyed that camera and the fish shots.)
Damn, I "really" hate it when that happens.....
I always said, if I caught them at it, they could have it.
If they could get it in the ambulance with them.

We used to go to Vegas quite a bit. We used to have a booth at the gift show/convention. I'd take off and hike up in Red Rock, one trail used to end at a cistern up in the rocks a nice quiet place to sit and watch wildlife. Never had my camera of course. Valley of Fire (I believe it's called) Is a wonderful park and campground. Fantastic red rock formations and petroglyphs.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I'd take off and hike up in Red Rock, one trail used to end at a cistern up in the rocks a nice quiet place to sit and watch wildlife. Never had my camera of course. Valley of Fire (I believe it's called) Is a wonderful park and campground. Fantastic red rock formations and petroglyphs.
I agree, and fortunately I had my camera with me constantly.
Red Rock Canyon and the Valley of Fire are two of my favorite places. For those not familiar with the area, here is a couple of "touristy" shots of them.

1. Red Rock Canyon

2. Valley of Fire
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:39 PM   #15

Excellent images, Greg. I've seem some pretty amazing pictures taken with the E30.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:43 PM   #16

Nice pictures, Steven. You might want to try posting a bigger size so we can see the details a bit better. Just a suggestion.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote