Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:05 PM   #1

Default My NW garden. Inspired by Ted..:)

Have to uphold the honour of the NW don't I. The Daffs are getting a little past it now but still make me thing of spring. I relly just popped in for lunch but grabbed my camera and went out in the yard. The 70-300 was already on and I'm too lazy too change. Had to hand hold but I had lots of light. Opened the aperature and got more speed.

#1 Daffodil's, a little moth eaten by now we've had a really fine spring.

#2 The fenceline and Daffs

#3 The potting shed and spring flowers....Daffs..?)

#4 Taurus Rhododendron's are supposed to bloom during the time of the Zodiac Taurus. We are early this year. Sharon put them in for my birthday, I love the big red blossoms.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:10 PM   #2

..now that's a bunch of pretty!

boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 6:39 PM   #3

[QUOTE=Scouse;1069452]Have to uphold the honour of the NW don't I. The Daffs are getting a little past it now but still make me thing of spring. I relly just popped in for lunch but grabbed my camera and went out in the yard. The 70-300 was already on and I'm too lazy too change. Had to hand hold but I had lots of light. Opened the aperature and got more speed.
QUOTE]

Very nice. But I have the same reaction to yours as John had to my first daffodil shot - I would dial up the contrast some. Just a thought.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 9:36 PM   #4

Not sure where in the NW you are but I'm jealous you got to shoot at least some in this awesome weather. I would've loved to skip work and shoot all day but alas that won't pay the bills. Be a nice evening for a sunset pic I bet.

I concur with Ted as well, boost the contrast on the first shot and it'll make the daffs stand out more.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:13 PM   #5

I was just having a bit of fun there Ted. Not quite galley ready are they???

I would agree with you and Jelow'66 though they do need a lot of help.
I'm up on Camano Island John, weather has been outstanding hasn't it. Where are you located.

Thanks Bobb.

Ken
Old Mar 24, 2010, 2:04 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I was just having a bit of fun there Ted. Not quite galley ready are they???

I would agree with you and Jelow'66 though they do need a lot of help.
I'm up on Camano Island John, weather has been outstanding hasn't it. Where are you located.

Thanks Bobb.

Ken
I'm in Tacoma, not quite as pretty but I got pics of an eagle 2 blocks from home yesterday so I can't complain. Sadly the weather probably won't hold for the weekend. Better enjoy your garden while you can this week. And yes, the red blooms are great.

John
Old Mar 24, 2010, 8:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelow1966 View Post
I'm in Tacoma, not quite as pretty but I got pics of an eagle 2 blocks from home yesterday so I can't complain. Sadly the weather probably won't hold for the weekend. Better enjoy your garden while you can this week. And yes, the red blooms are great.

John
TACOMA!!! Oh, I'm sorry...

I jest, there are some fine park like areas around Tacoma and some prime waterfront. I used to sail out of there on a friends boat.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 11:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
TACOMA!!! Oh, I'm sorry...

I jest, there are some fine park like areas around Tacoma and some prime waterfront. I used to sail out of there on a friends boat.
Sometimes I'm sorry i live here as well. But like you say there are quite a few nice wooded or waterfront parks within a 20min drive so I have plenty of places to escape to shoot. Even more if i want to drive a little farther. Biggest thing is just finding spots that don't have too many people. Can't begrudge people wanting to get out on a nice day but they do tend to scare the birds and critters.

John