Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:16 PM   #1

Default Everyone is busy in spring time

I noticed that everyone is busy in spring these days. All members on this board, all birds, bees and people on the street including myself. I was so busy this weekend, my daughter's dance recital and prom night on the same day. The birds on the trees and the busy bees flying around all the booming flowers on the sunny afternoon. Fortunately, I took my time and shot over a thousand pics of all these Here are some examples...
Attached Images

Last edited by jacobt; Mar 28, 2010 at 7:31 PM.
jacobt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2010, 7:17 PM   #2

And more...
Attached Images

Last edited by jacobt; Mar 28, 2010 at 7:27 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:05 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Looks like a fun weekend of shooting.

I really like the first, some nice movement but also sharp enough in the faces. I would personally crop out the dancer on the left as there is less action there and focus on the two closer then you would have a very strong image. What were you shooting with for these?

Looks like some nice light in the last ones for the bird shots as well..... yep, I would have gladly had your weekend
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:43 AM   #4

Well done! Beautiful shots... what neat and sharp details. Love the first photo of the dancers!
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Looks like a fun weekend of shooting.

I really like the first, some nice movement but also sharp enough in the faces. I would personally crop out the dancer on the left as there is less action there and focus on the two closer then you would have a very strong image. What were you shooting with for these?

Looks like some nice light in the last ones for the bird shots as well..... yep, I would have gladly had your weekend
Thanks for the comments. I used 35-100 for the dance, 12-60 for the prom, 50F2 for the flowers and 50-200/70-300 for the birds.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:20 AM   #6

Great shots. But how on earth do you have time to deal with over 1K of pics? I know I'm not the most organized person in the world so the idea of that many in one weekend scares me. As it is at 100-200 a day when I have time I can't keep up and keep buying more cards rather than sort thru stuff. If you can sort thru them that fast I stand in awe.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:38 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelow1966 View Post
Great shots. But how on earth do you have time to deal with over 1K of pics? I know I'm not the most organized person in the world so the idea of that many in one weekend scares me. As it is at 100-200 a day when I have time I can't keep up and keep buying more cards rather than sort thru stuff. If you can sort thru them that fast I stand in awe.

John
You want to try covering a large sporting event where you are selling to competitors/parents/families.... I've shot 2 day gymnastics events which run from 9-4 daily and just doing the floor routines gives about 6,000 photos (200+ competitors and about 30 photos taken of each)..... and no, sorting through that isn't a fast job
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelow1966 View Post

John
I was kind of surprised myself too. I shot over 650 pics just from the 4 hours dance recital. The pics count just added up fast when you used continuous shooting mode to capture all those actions
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
You want to try covering a large sporting event where you are selling to competitors/parents/families.... I've shot 2 day gymnastics events which run from 9-4 daily and just doing the floor routines gives about 6,000 photos (200+ competitors and about 30 photos taken of each)..... and no, sorting through that isn't a fast job
I think I'll pass on that sort of shooting. Not only couldn't I deal with that many pics but there is no way anyone would want to buy shots I took of the floor routine, unless motion blur is their thing that is!

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:21 PM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobt View Post
I was kind of surprised myself too. I shot over 650 pics just from the 4 hours dance recital. The pics count just added up fast when you used continuous shooting mode to capture all those actions
It's crazy isn't it, how did we cope when we shot film??? From what we've seen it was all worth it though.