Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:22 AM   #11

Actually it compares well with the lcd on the nikon d3000 and d5000. Not bad, but the evf is much better resolution.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:41 AM   #12

..congrats Dustin, great 'first outing' shots and whatever Greg C & Zig say goes from me too.

These, for me, are reminiscent of photos I well remember from some time ago by you, I am looking forward to seeing many more.

Thanks for sharing, the tease is obviously on here since the last 'pocket' cam for me is the C7070WZ which I still have and use but thoughts of the E-PL1 are beginning to cause me to wiggle my nose a bit.
_________
boBBrennan
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:58 PM   #13

Shoturtle or Dustin-

Some newbie questions for you.

(1) My understanding is that the MMF-1 adapter is now obsolete?

(2) I can use my existing Olympus 40-150mm lens by using the MMF-2 adapter?
?

(3) What adapter is required to use OM lenses?

(3) My Panasonic 20mm lens will work on the EPL-1?

Thanks, shoturtle, I think I am slowly getting the hang of this.

Sarah Joyce

Last edited by mtclimber; Apr 6, 2010 at 1:05 PM.
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:00 PM   #14

The MMF1 is a silver one the MMF2 is a black one of the 4/3 to m4/3 adapter. That is the only different, it is just a color option. Or you can get the $50 less expensive panny DMW-MA1

You can use the MMF1 or 2 for the current 4/3 lenses. I use the panny version of the MMF2 with a oly 35mm 3.5 macro So you should be fine with the oly 40-150mm 4/3 lens

There is an aftermarket OM to m4/3 adapter. That is pretty much what you need for the older OM lenses. The Olympus MF2 is the one you will need or you can find a knock off on ebay from Asia.

Yes the 20mm 1.7 will work and if it is to bright wide open I would put a ND filter to get the shutter speed to 1/2000 when shooting wide open. You will also have IS for for the lens.

Last edited by shoturtle; Apr 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:37 PM   #15

Congrats on the new camera. A quality camera that you feel comfortable with, can make all the difference in the world. Every camera I own takes a back seat to my Ricoh. I think you may have the same problem with the Olympus...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:02 PM   #16

Shoturtle-

Thanks for filling me in on the details on adapters.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 4:04 PM   #17

Just echo, echo, and echo what's been already said, congrats and great photos! Looking forward to seeing more.

Ned
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:51 PM   #18
Super Moderator

hey guys,

i shot several hundred shots this afternoon doing touristy things in my new city down at the botanical gardens and art museum.

received several compliments on the camera actually lol.

still loving this camera in use. the size is great as it was around my neck for about 6 hours, never got heavy. i just love how quickly i can go from bracketed shots for HDR or for merging via layers for tricky lighting shots, and then back to normal. the LCD is getting more comfortable for me to shoot with, but still plan to get the EVF.

anyways, I have to grab some dinner and run a few errands, then I have alot of processing to do. hopefully can get a few more shots up tonite.

well off to eat some cambodian food (my new favorite place in town!) i will post again later.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:59 PM   #19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
hey guys,

i shot several hundred shots this afternoon doing touristy things in my new city down at the botanical gardens and art museum.

received several compliments on the camera actually lol.

still loving this camera in use. the size is great as it was around my neck for about 6 hours, never got heavy. i just love how quickly i can go from bracketed shots for HDR or for merging via layers for tricky lighting shots, and then back to normal. the LCD is getting more comfortable for me to shoot with, but still plan to get the EVF.

anyways, I have to grab some dinner and run a few errands, then I have alot of processing to do. hopefully can get a few more shots up tonite.

well off to eat some cambodian food (my new favorite place in town!) i will post again later.
Sweet, but it does sound like you've left all of the unpacking from the move.... now that's what I like to see, photography first (I won't tell your girlfriend LOL).

Looking forward to seeing the photos when I sign in in the morning!!