Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:28 PM   #1

Default From the Track with a 50-200 SWD and EC20

Mounted on an E30. All in-camera JPEG captures.

"The End"...

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Apr 10, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:14 PM   #2

Another winning series Greg.

(Do you ever have such good results at the betting window? )
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 11:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Another winning series Greg.

(Do you ever have such good results at the betting window? )
I don't bet enough money(!), but I did hit one today. Problem was, I just placed a $2 bet. I hit on a longshot that paid $39.20 (the #8 horse in images 4 and 5), so all I made was $39.20, but it was enough to make it a free day at the track.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Apr 10, 2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:15 AM   #4

...I should'a gone to the track, instead I did two ball games, instead of Lone Star Park I was at Texas Star Park in Euless. This morning I can't see OR breath from 'air stuff' allergies, but Babe's Fried Chicken in Burleson, TX tonight so I gotta get well'er quick.

I like horses running from the 8 slot, glad you covered the day with the nice win and covered the day with some really nice photo's.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:11 PM   #5

Hi Greg

I'm always taken back by the quality of the pics from the track side - I would not even attempt to take anything like that with the E3 as I'd be worried that most of the pics would be OOF !

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:22 PM   #6

Hi Greg,

Yet another fine series of racing images. (and I too, am happy about your horse coming in first.) I haven't had a chance to compare, but my memory tells me that I don't see much of an variation or difference, between your E-30 vs. the E-1.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
...I should'a gone to the track, instead I did two ball games, instead of Lone Star Park I was at Texas Star Park in Euless. This morning I can't see OR breath from 'air stuff' allergies, but Babe's Fried Chicken in Burleson, TX tonight so I gotta get well'er quick.

I like horses running from the 8 slot, glad you covered the day with the nice win and covered the day with some really nice photo's.
____
boBB
I have heard about Babe's in Roanoke as well. I will be coming up with an excuse to get up there some day on a weekend when nothing is going on at Texas Motor Speedway.....but I do still want to go there and do a NASCAR event.

I noted this morning there was a later race after I left (after race 9) where another longshot that won paid $48.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 9:34 AM   #8

hey Greg,
,,,,,yep, we did Babe's last night for my grandson's 18th birthday, big family sit down. Since ya aint't been U gotta go sumtime! Roanoke is the original, a fun place with a restricted menu ... fried chicken OR chicken fried steak BUTTTTTTTT the worlds best and biggest serving for banana puddin. Everything is AWESOME, my Babe's favs are chicken, biscuits with butter and sorgham molasses, mashed potatoes & cream gravy, all before the pudding.

There are some places in Dallas nearer you with one coming to Arlington this summer up by the UTA campus area. http://www.babeschicken.com/
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote