Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredS View Post
I got an E-520 with the 2 lense kit , with an 8 GB card
used, almost 3 weeks ago. Excellent condition ( under 250 pictures )
I paid less than the price of a bridge camera ( A Noise Master FZ 35 ) lol

So far I am VERY happy with it.

If you can get the E-520 with the 2 lense kit for around $ 400.00 Scoop it up.
Just my opinion

Hi Fred,

Congrats on picking up an Oly dslr and glad to hear that your pleased with the E-520. It is indeed a good camera and, if you could find one with the 2 kit lenses @ 400bucks that would be a fine deal. Trouble was that I couldn't find that kit available for that price anywhere.
The E-600 complete wit the 2 kit lenses @489bucks is just simply a steal.

Now, that you've got an E-520, I hope you'll post some images in the near future.

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
......you may consider picking up a factory refurbished model E-600 complete with the 2 kit lenses from Adorama priced at 489.00.

http://www.adorama.com/Als/ProductPage/IOME600K1R.html

..........cameras refurbished by the manufacturer come with a factory new equip. warranty. But you should check with Adorama. If you're not familiar with the company, they are an online company that has a good reputation.......
The refurbished Olympus comes with a 90-day return-to-manufacturer warranty.

Let me know if you need any additional info!

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

HelenOster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:57 PM   #13

I am rather amazed that after an excellent suggestion from Zig-

...that nobody has stepped up and at least agreed with the great value he researched and located on the Olympus E-600. Perhaps the 90 Olympus warranty, typical for a refurbished camera, has folks worried??

You can always put a Four Square or Mack warranty on the purchase to provide an extended warranty.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
I am rather amazed that after an excellent suggestion from Zig-

...that nobody has stepped up and at least agreed with the great value he researched and located on the Olympus E-600. Perhaps the 90 Olympus warranty, typical for a refurbished camera, has folks worried??

You can always put a Four Square or Mack warranty on the purchase to provide an extended warranty.

Sarah Joyce
Interesting that you bring that up, Sarah as the total lack of response puzzled me. To be fair, Dustin did comment on the great price-which I thought it was, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting it.

The E-600 with two very good lenses covering a focal range of 28mm to 300mm all for under 500bucks. THAT'S AN AMAZING BARGAIN!!!

Perhaps, some folks did take advantage of it and just didn't bother to respond. Go figure?

Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:07 PM   #15

Well, Zig-

I could not resist. I found a deal at Cameta Camera that offered the E-600 with the Oly 14-42mm kit lens with a full 1 year guarantee for $387.50. I already have the 40-150mm lens so it was not a big deal. It will take 7-10 days to receive it vis UPS because I am located on the west coast of the USA.

I will post some photos when I receive the E-600. To me, it was a deal that I could not pass up.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 23, 2010, 12:17 AM   #16
Super Moderator

i am wondering if some people are not putting the connection together that the e600 and e620 are for all practical purposes the same camera, i mean are you really going to miss 3 art filters and button changes.

so ppl, just to reiterate. this is basically a "e-620" for sub500USD, or if you get some crazy bargain like sarah, under 400.

heck i would almost buy it for 388 and i really don't need another camera.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:19 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
heck i would almost buy it for 388 and i really don't need another camera.
I was thinking the same thing - I need another camera like a submarine needs a screen door, but it really is an amazing deal.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 9:33 AM   #18

The bottom line is any OLY DSLR in the $400.00 USD range will be far better then any P&S or bridge camera. This is the nature of the beast. Sure there might be some limitations as far as ISO range, but 1600 is far better then 400. Plus the 14-42mm kit lens is rated pretty high compared to other kit lens. If you can pick up deals like above, then go for it.
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2010, 10:21 AM   #19

That is what I felt as well. It was a bargain that should not be overlooked. I did not need another camera, but I relished the challenge of demonstrating the E-600 was a pretty good camera, and worth every bit of the price.

I will, as I noted previously, look forward to receiving the camera and will post some photos straight away.

Have a great weekend.

Sarah Joyce
Old Apr 23, 2010, 8:56 PM   #20

One possible reason that you didn't see a lot of response to the E-600 deal:
I know that the E-600 is a great bargain, but I already have 3 bodies that all use the BLM-1 battery. I have 5 BLM-1 batteries, that I keep charged and in my camera bag, ready to go no matter which body I grab.

While I was really tempted when the E-620/600 first came out, I couldn't see adding another 4/3rds that would have a completely different battery system (and charger) that's not usable in any of my other cameras. If I give in and get another body, it will most likely be an E-30 or the E-3 successor.

So while the E-600 bargain, there may be others like me who would have to pass.

For someone who doesn't already own other 4/3rd bodies, they should grab that camera deal, because it is a great deal for the quality and price.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote