Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:53 PM   #21

Zig,

A convincing argument for the epl-1 is you need to pack way less weight. Camera and zoom on shoulder, little lens in pocket or small bag ie purse. Presto nothing else to lug around.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Very nice images, Zig. I particularly like #3, knowing that that exposure balance didn't happen by accident.

Ted
Hi Ted,

thank you. I also like 3 a lot probably because, with the E-510 I would have had fun trying to reproduce that shot. I actually took 2 shots of that scene. In the first shot, I actually used a little exp.comp. then in the 2nd, I let the camera set the exposure. Wouldn't you know, the camera did a better job.

BTW, that's an actual room from Frank Lloyd Wright's home. It was dismantled and set up in the Met. Everything is 100% authentic.
The Met is a just seriously great place to go to. They have such a wide variety of exhibits.
Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:57 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Zig,

A convincing argument for the epl-1 is you need to pack way less weight. Camera and zoom on shoulder, little lens in pocket or small bag ie purse. Presto nothing else to lug around.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Zig
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:46 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi Ted,

thank you. I also like 3 a lot probably because, with the E-510 I would have had fun trying to reproduce that shot. I actually took 2 shots of that scene. In the first shot, I actually used a little exp.comp. then in the 2nd, I let the camera set the exposure. Wouldn't you know, the camera did a better job.

BTW, that's an actual room from Frank Lloyd Wright's home. It was dismantled and set up in the Met. Everything is 100% authentic.
The Met is a just seriously great place to go to. They have such a wide variety of exhibits.
Zig
Actually you can spend a whole day at the Met, and not see everything. Kinda like the louvre in paris. It can be a multiple day trip.

To bad they are starting to charge a high admission do to bad management. It uses to be free, and all they asked for were donation. Because of all the endowments they uses to have and taxes benefits.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Wouldn't you know, the camera did a better job.
Zig
Hah! That happens to me a lot. Should I apologize for giving you too much credit?

Quote:
Zig
Hmmm. I'm from the Chicago area where FLW spent most of his life practicing, and I've always been attuned to his designs - no wonder I like that shot! But how did the New Yorkers steal that setup from Oak Park?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:27 PM   #26

MONEY or Endowment
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:52 PM   #27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks Dustin,

As for the E-PL1, your posts of wonderful photos taken with the E-PL1 certainly indicate how much you're enjoying it. Keep it up, I need to have something to show my wife to convince her our lives are not complete without that little camera

Zig
lol, will do... i do wish to help you in your journey for a complete life
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:12 PM   #28

Boy, you guys are fast! I turn on the computer this evening, then go to this forum, and there are already 3 pages of comments to Zig's post which he just started today!

So my belated compliments to zig for the shots!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:38 AM   #29

Thanks for a great series of photos, Zig-

Very well done.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 6:59 AM   #30

Hi Steven,

Just goes to show how much interest there is in the E-PL1 since most of the responses have to do with that little cam.

Hi Sarah,

Thank you.

Zig