Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 8, 2010, 4:21 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrickland View Post
I am looking at a few of the Olympus I like the E30 and the E600-620. Not sure which to go with.
As for performance, either the E-30 or the E-600/E-620 series dslr's would be a great upgrade from the E-510 an would serve you well. It's a matter of what is important to you, in terms of features, as well as ergonomics. The size and weight of a camera, in my mind, is very important. If it's too big, too heavy or just doesn't sit well in your hand (controls/buttons) you're not going to be happy. Ultimately, you're best bet is to physically handle the camera your considering and be sure that it is everything you're looking for.

Keep in mind that the price of an E-600 or E620 today is so much more attractive than the E-30 that you could buy the E-620 and have enough money to buy another lens.
Zig
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2014, 5:35 AM   #22

When I considered it might be a shutter issue, I took the lens off, laid the camera on it's back and took a few shots to see the shutter in action. It now works consistently without the error code showing up. Dunno why, but it works perfectly now.
Rothu Nedmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2014, 10:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothu Nedmac View Post
When I considered it might be a shutter issue, I took the lens off, laid the camera on it's back and took a few shots to see the shutter in action. It now works consistently without the error code showing up. Dunno why, but it works perfectly now.
Funny the way things work out isn't it. My way would have been to use a hammer...!

I glad it worked out for you. Now post some pics.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote