Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 28, 2010, 4:34 PM   #1

Default Zuiko 18-180mm

Well, I got a good price on one of these and picked it up. Should be here Thursday. My main objective was to get a range that I wouldn't have to change lenses as often (between the two kit lenses). I realize it has mixed reviews but, I've read more positive than negative comments on it and look forward to a lighter bag with less swapping. This will undoubtedly be the last glass purchase for a while. The little woman caught wind of this one. <gulp> Even though I explained that the sale of two kit lenses will offset the majority of the cost... she ain't a happy camper
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:08 PM   #2

(Good Luck! -Not with the lens, but with the wife!)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:19 PM   #3

A 9-18 and 18-180 two lens combination seems like a much better grouping than the standard 14-42 and 40-150 setup...at least, I think so. The 18-180 is one of the older lenses out there and it definitely has its' fans. I've seen some really nice images that were shot with it.

I am avoiding the wife-thing myself for the forseeable future. My girlfriend is perfect. We travel together, then I take her back to her place and I go back to mine....
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
(Good Luck! -Not with the lens, but with the wife!)
Welllll, now that she's given it some thought, she seems pretty ok with it... sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
A 9-18 and 18-180 two lens combination seems like a much better grouping than the standard 14-42 and 40-150 setup...at least, I think so. The 18-180 is one of the older lenses out there and it definitely has its' fans. I've seen some really nice images that were shot with it.

I am avoiding the wife-thing myself for the forseeable future. My girlfriend is perfect. We travel together, then I take her back to her place and I go back to mine....
The shots I've seen taken with it are pretty darned good. If I were professional I'm might have second thoughts but... I ain't so I'm ok with it.

Been married to this one for almost 30 years. I think I'll keep her.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote