Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:20 PM   #31

...I watched the video too and I agree with Ted. This is all causing me to again think about a tripod. I suppose it is because I don't have one that I blame some photo results on that fact, of course should I get a tripod then I would need a different excuse.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:59 PM   #32

Hi Ted/Bob,

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is a reasonably effective solution to eliminating shake and yet still have the flexibility of both panning and moving the camera/lens up and down.

There is actually a better video from Adorama that shows this head with a camera and Sigma 300-800mm lens mounted. That video is particularly good in showing the heads capabilities. I thought I bookmarked it but can't seem to put my finger on it at the moment.

As much as I wanted to get the Jobu designs gimbal head, this particular gimbal head was within my budget as it came with the quick release plate.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 1:05 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
...I watched the video too and I agree with Ted. This is all causing me to again think about a tripod. I suppose it is because I don't have one that I blame some photo results on that fact, of course should I get a tripod then I would need a different excuse.
I think the only excuse you would need, is that the tripod you got apparently wasn't sturdy enough. Works for me...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote