Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:26 AM   #11

Nice shots and Adobe sure seems to be handling the noise @ ISO3200 extremely well.

A. C.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac.smith View Post
Nice shots and Adobe sure seems to be handling the noise @ ISO3200 extremely well.

A. C.
It really does. I have gone back and re-worked several files from both my E30 and E620 cameras and things look really good using either one.

I have Adobe Camera RAW set up to present the image as close to how it looked on the LCD as possible on first open. The stronger tone curve of the E620 means, once you get above ISO 1250 you have to get a little more aggressive with the noise sliders to wind up with images as clean as the E30 files.

Unless you want to have to deal with making the adjustments necessary with each file in ACR to tone down contrast in the E620, and I prefer to deal with that in ACR as little as possible, adjusting the in-camera parameters (turning down contrast, etc) makes sense if you plan to do high ISO RAW capture and keep the image quality consistent and easy to deal with in the RAW converter. Otherwise, E620 images between ISO's 200-1250 clean up extremely well with ACR's noise sliders just using the cameras' default image quality parameter settings to capture images. You wind up with the great colors and contrast and none of the low level noise that the in-cameras' noise filter has a hard time dealing with once you get above ISO 250-320 or so. I have had my auto ISO in the E620 set up to operate between ISO 200-400. I am now going to turn up the ceiling to either 800 or 1000 knowing how easy the noise is to deal with in ACR.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Jul 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
As always, another, in a long line of great series of action images.

You do know how to get the best out of your equipment.

Zig

Ditto, again.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote