Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 1, 2010, 1:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default Soooooooo close!

If I had just moved a little further to the right, it would have been GREAT! *

__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,156
Default

Yep!

Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:28 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Scouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Camano Island, WA.
Posts: 2,328
Default

[maxwell smart]Missed it by that much..![/maxwell smart]
__________________
Ken.
"You are who you pretend to be."
Kurt Vonnegut Jnr.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 7:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Steven R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 5,908
Default

I disagree; the eye is the most important visual element in the photo, and you have it in right the middle of the top third, right where the viewer is drawn to immediately. I'm not sure that the rest of the wingtip would have added any significance to the impact of the picture. Be proud of what you've got!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:55 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
I disagree; the eye is the most important visual element in the photo, and you have it in right the middle of the top third, right where the viewer is drawn to immediately. I'm not sure that the rest of the wingtip would have added any significance to the impact of the picture. Be proud of what you've got!
Thanks, Steven! I'm very pleased with it as it stands. Just sort of disappointed I didn't get the whole bird and left out Big Red.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2010, 11:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,518
Default

I feel your pain, Gary. Often during the just-ended thoroughbred season I tried to frame something a little too close or a horse went into a full extension at just the wrong moment for me and as a result had plenty of images with noses or partial heads cut off. Keep on shooting and it's probably still going to happen, but you'll also start capturing a lot more keepers.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,565
Default

...well, I like it as is, after all it is a Hummer. I moved the feeder here, still no takers so I am content with seeing your new friends.

boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:49 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I feel your pain, Gary. Often during the just-ended thoroughbred season I tried to frame something a little too close or a horse went into a full extension at just the wrong moment for me and as a result had plenty of images with noses or partial heads cut off. Keep on shooting and it's probably still going to happen, but you'll also start capturing a lot more keepers.
Oh, I'll keep at it, Greg. I'm persistent if nothing else!


Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
...well, I like it as is, after all it is a Hummer. I moved the feeder here, still no takers so I am content with seeing your new friends.

boBB
Looks like we both have to hang in there, Bob.
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,518
Default

Take a look at these rediculous hummingbird images this guy shot with an E3 and OM 350mm f2.8 + OM 1.4 TC..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35948958

Geez...

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Aug 3, 2010 at 1:37 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:45 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
gjtoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 6,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Take a look at these rediculous hummingbird images this guy shot with an E3 and OM 350mm f2.8 + OM 1.4 TC..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=35948958

Geez...
Wow! Pretty freakin' impressive! That lens is $$$$$
__________________
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
<><~~~~~~~~~~~
Pentax K-70 ~ Panasonic FZ1000
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:14 PM.