Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:19 AM   #1

Default RAW data edit on E-1

I can't use this function on my E-1 despite shooting nothing but RAW. If I go to the menu and select it I'm never given an option to go on, I can push the right arrow all I want but nothing happens. Looking in the book I can't find anything of help and I have never had any issues with this function on the e-500. Anyone else have this issue or know of something to try. It's not really something I use much if at all but I'd like to know it's working if I needed it for some reason.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2010, 3:17 AM   #2

Hi John

I'll take a look at my E1 later today and see if I can hep out.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 6:28 PM   #3

I'm not home to look at mine, but does the E1 offer that type processing on-camera?

I've never used it.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 6:42 PM   #4
Administrator

From what I can tell from docs, as soon as you select the menu choice for it, a jpeg file is created from the raw file using your current camera settings (white balance, etc.). So, even though it doesn't appear to be doing anything on the surface, you may want to check the folders on your memory card for the created jpeg files (as it may be working, yet not giving you any kind of feedback/confirmation that it performed the raw to jpeg conversion for you).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I'm not home to look at mine, but does the E1 offer that type processing on-camera?

I've never used it.
Yes it does, or at least it's supposed to. I'm not sure I have ever used it either. Did a few times with the e-500 so I'm familiar with how it's supposed to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
From what I can tell from docs, as soon as you select the menu choice for it, a jpeg file is created from the raw file using your current camera settings (white balance, etc.). So, even though it doesn't appear to be doing anything on the surface, you may want to check the folders on your memory card for the created jpeg files (as it may be working, yet not giving you any kind of feedback/confirmation that it performed the raw to jpeg conversion for you).
No, after going to the menu it does nothing at all when I try.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote