Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:15 AM   #11

Quote:
Jeeez - what a time...
It surely is.......
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
By the way, I sent you a pm. Didn't know if you caught it yet.
Zig
It's not there yet.

Ted

Edit: Oooops - I was looking in the PM not the Visitor messages. Got it - thanks.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Thanks, Mike. I have an E-500 that I bought years ago, pretty much the instant it became available, and never saw the SE option (I was happy with my E-20 but wanted an interchangeable lens Oly DSLR).
The SE option was only available in certain parts of the world. While it is cheaper initially to buy, you eventually had to pay a fortune in CR123 batteries, compared to the cost of recharging a BLM-1 (I have experience with this since I own a flash that operates on CR2 batteries).

Today the PS-LBH1 battery holder is sold as an "emergency" battery for those times where you can't recharge your BLM-1, but you can at least find a store that sells CR123's...or you keep a set in your kit since they last for years.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:37 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefellh View Post
The SE option was only available in certain parts of the world. While it is cheaper initially to buy, you eventually had to pay a fortune in CR123 batteries, compared to the cost of recharging a BLM-1 (I have experience with this since I own a flash that operates on CR2 batteries).

Today the PS-LBH1 battery holder is sold as an "emergency" battery for those times where you can't recharge your BLM-1, but you can at least find a store that sells CR123's...or you keep a set in your kit since they last for years.
Yeah, I bought one of those PS-LBH1 battery holders a long time ago because it seemed like a good idea at the time (this happens to me a lot ). But it wasn't a good idea - I have never used it mainly because as you say, the CR123s are expensive and it made more sense just to get a few BLM-1's. I suppose it might be a good idea if someone spent a lot of time in remote places where you couldn't depend on electricity to run a battery charger. But even for that circumstance you could get a photovoltaic panel...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote