Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
don't overlook Fourthirds.com. They have a buy/sell forum on that site that draws Olympus users from all over the world.
Personally I frown on that suggestion...there's no protection for the buyer, and if it gets lost in the post there's no insurance.

Personally I go to the B&S section of a local site and I always arrange to meet the seller in person...sometimes at their house, sometimes at a public place like a mall.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2010, 8:52 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefellh View Post
Personally I frown on that suggestion...there's no protection for the buyer, and if it gets lost in the post there's no insurance.

Personally I go to the B&S section of a local site and I always arrange to meet the seller in person...sometimes at their house, sometimes at a public place like a mall.
Hi Mike, allow me to elaborate on my suggestion. I do believe the poster is located in England or in the United Kingdom. I very often see, Oly users located in England posting what they have to sell. In which case , there may well be someone in the local area that is selling that particular lens.

Also, people I see posting equipment on that site a typically forum members of Fourthirds.com as well as DPReview.com who are required to post photos of the equipment they are offering for sale.
It's nothing like Craig's List, where there's a preponderance of scam artists.

Personally, given a choice, I'll buy from someone who is local and I can see the item I want to buy. That's why I thought the suggestion made some sense.

It's clear that I didn't make myself clear.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Hi Mike, allow me to elaborate on my suggestion. I do believe the poster is located in England or in the United Kingdom. I very often see, Oly users located in England posting what they have to sell. In which case , there may well be someone in the local area that is selling that particular lens.

Also, people I see posting equipment on that site a typically forum members of Fourthirds.com as well as DPReview.com who are required to post photos of the equipment they are offering for sale.
It's nothing like Craig's List, where there's a preponderance of scam artists.

Personally, given a choice, I'll buy from someone who is local and I can see the item I want to buy. That's why I thought the suggestion made some sense.

It's clear that I didn't make myself clear.

Zig
thx guys.
shouldn't be a problem here - the company i'd buy it through, as well as the details i gave earlier, give a 12 month guarantee.
all useful stuff tho...this new hobby could be quite expensive
newthommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:17 PM   #24

This is funny...I just replied to a post mentioning the old 40-150mm lens. I had both and IMO the old is MUCH better (it not just has a slight edge). The lens is bigger and heavier but the optics are excellent. I'd go for that one any time.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:16 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
This is funny...I just replied to a post mentioning the old 40-150mm lens. I had both and IMO the old is MUCH better (it not just has a slight edge). The lens is bigger and heavier but the optics are excellent. I'd go for that one any time.
This is double funny, cause in my experience the MkII is sharper, easier to handle, and subject to firmware upgrades that will not be forthcoming for the old Mk1.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:17 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
This is double funny, cause in my experience the MkII is sharper, easier to handle, and subject to firmware upgrades that will not be forthcoming for the old Mk1.
Hmmm. That's a pretty little pussycat. Is that another one of those who are saying, "Come here - it's OK to pet me."?
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:50 PM   #27

Judging by the drool dripping down its mouth, I think it was saying..."Come here - you look sooo yummy!"

Nice picture! Very sharp and great colors.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:57 PM   #28

Steven,

Don't you think that your cat just might be a little to big to be a house
pet?

Zig

Oh, and yes, that is a very fine example of what the newer 40-150mmm lens can do. Most impressive.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Steven,

Don't you think that your cat just might be a little to big to be a house
pet?
Zig
If you live in Florida and your normal issues are gators in your back yard, hard to say how you react to felines no matter how large...

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
If you live in Florida and your normal issues are gators in your back yard, hard to say how you react to felines no matter how large...

Ted
Good point Ted.

Zig