Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:48 PM   #1

Default Another Dragonfly

Spent a fun couple of hours shooting these guys on Wed. Light wasn't right for this point of view but I love it anyway. Should have more to post later after going thru them more. Shot with the E-1 and Tamron 80-200 @200mm, ISO 400.

John

ps- has any of you had these guys buzz by you? they sound like a humming bird when they fly really close.
Attached Images

jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2010, 11:24 AM   #2

Nice shot, good angle, head on like that. Seems like you're having fun with your new found models.....

Went on holiday once as a kid growing up in England down to the southeast corner of Kent. We'd get buzzed by some really big Dragon Flies. I mean big longer than a humming bird and prolly heavier I'd say.
Used to chase then with tennis racquets, a little too fast for us kids thankfully.
Thanks for the memories...

Last edited by Scouse; Aug 27, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:26 PM   #3

You're welcome. I do have fun with these guys, and maybe they do with me sicne they spend so much time checking me out. I found another burst of this angle done earlier in the day i think might be better light. Weather permitting I'll probably try again on Sunday.

John
Old Aug 27, 2010, 1:43 PM   #4

The weather....yeh. I spent 2 days pressure washing my deck and yesterday moring I put an oil stain down, nice heavy coat. The plan was for it to soak in before the sun cooked it dry.
Right as I finished and was cleaning up.....It rained....cow-flat rock rain, a gully washer.
The water still beads up on top and the sun is coming out now so hope it dries up today so I can put all Sharons deck stuff back before her friends come on Sat.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:34 PM   #5

Okay John, that's enough. You now have 2 d-fly captured in flight compared to nada for myself. You can stop rubbing it in now. LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Okay John, that's enough. You now have 2 d-fly captured in flight compared to nada for myself. You can stop rubbing it in now. LOL
Steven, you just have to make friends with them. Once you do they will be happy to pose.

John
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:57 AM   #7

and humming birds sound like Hello-chopters when they get under my back porch! Great shot now if I may! ... I be back soon with what I can see with this shot!
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2010, 2:31 AM   #8

I have this feeling looking at that Shot I sure hope you do no t mind but this would look great as a Black Light pin up! Better than the one I had won selling Girl Scout cookies! AS a hologram I would of course change the colors but I have not gone back to that stuff in years more work!
Attached Images

Old Aug 28, 2010, 2:49 AM   #9

Interesting idea. I don't mind at all. Man, you stare at that all night and I bet you'd see all sorts of things. I can already see a face.

John
Old Aug 28, 2010, 9:01 PM   #10

I thought after doing just that one thing and came up with no w if I took it and changed the colors and twist it side ways some and then again in a another set wow that would be awesome!