Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Thanks for the heads up Ted.
But for $400, I'd rather give the owner of the f40 the money to take me for a ride. I was thinking of Highway 1 around Big Sur

Zig
One of your best ideas yet!!! Makes up for you not being the one who recommended Noise Ninja...

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Aug 31, 2010 at 6:45 AM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
One of your best ideas yet!!! Makes up for you not being the one who recommended Noise Ninja...

Ted
Must have been the coffee

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:00 PM   #23

Always liked the Trumpet TR's. The time I drove the Jag I was with a sports car club in Aintree, Liverpool. Nice track. Some fun cars were coming along back then the TR's among them. TVR's, Lotus ( I forget whether it was the Elan or Elite) I got a drive in that as well.
I had an MG SA 1938, Looked like a TD on steroids. Straight 6, dual OH cams, Never did have the rag on the roof, when it rained, you just drove faster to keep yourself dry. No photos though, I believe my ex sister in law has some of my brother in it.

Thanks. Never thought of the polorizer for car shots, DoH!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:35 PM   #24

Okay Ted, I'm disappointed that you attended an auto show that had an F-40 and only got a back shot of the engine, yet you had photos of a bunch of old cars.

Do you go to air shows and only shoot the Piper Cubs instead of the F-22 fighter?? LOL!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I had an MG SA 1938, Looked like a TD on steroids. Straight 6, dual OH cams, Never did have the rag on the roof, when it rained, you just drove faster to keep yourself dry.

Thanks. Never thought of the polorizer for car shots, DoH!
Hah! The MGB had a ragtop but it wasn't a folding one (at least, not the '67). You had to assemble two sides of the frame, mount it, add the canvas, and snap it down. So guess what I did when it started to rain and there wasn't a gas station with a covered roof in sight? But it was fun to have a passenger in the car when it started to rain - they never really believed you that as long as we didn't stop we would be dry. Once they realized that, they would actually encourage the kind of bonzai driving it took to keep moving in a crowded area (which has always been my natural tendency anyway)...

My comment about the polarizer was very much an inside joke. You can't mount a polarizer (or any other filter) on that big front element eyeball of the Oly 7-14mm.

Ted
Old Aug 31, 2010, 1:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Okay Ted, I'm disappointed that you attended an auto show that had an F-40 and only got a back shot of the engine, yet you had photos of a bunch of old cars.

Do you go to air shows and only shoot the Piper Cubs instead of the F-22 fighter?? LOL!
At least when it comes to car shows, some folks apparently like malt liquor. Others of us appreciate a fine, well aged wine.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 2:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
At least when it comes to car shows, some folks apparently like malt liquor. Others of us appreciate a fine, well aged wine.
Yes, my point exactly, glad you agree. The F-40 is indeed like a bottle of #3 Dom Perignon Rose' Champagne, and the rest of the crowd was like bottles of common malt liquor. How many people rushed over when they opened the engine compartment of an MGB or TR4??
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:13 PM   #28

Rotflol! It seems that you do not understand the point I was making...

However, it appears that I will be photographing all of the cars (with their owners) at this impromptu show for a web site, over the next few months. So I think you should get up here to correct the errors of my ways.

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Aug 31, 2010 at 8:09 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 8:34 PM   #29

I like pulling peoples chains.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 11:56 PM   #30

[QUOTE=tkurkowski;1135067]Um, Zig, if I had one of those I'd sell it in a flash and retire.

I would not sell it I would rent it and retire.....
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote