Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:51 PM   #21

Zig I always sort them down to 20 proofs to show the clients, then proceed from there with final processing. Still takes a lot of time.

Tullio, you are right, to over processed for my taste to, I have a portfolio of pictures I show clients with different levels & strengths of processing & 99% of the time they pick the heaviest processing for their pics, so its not so much what I like, as what the person holding the money likes. Like Hards80 hinted it is what the client wants, photographers (especially me) are to picky. once I figured this out, (what clients like) I sold more prints. the picture I posted did lose some nose detail in the jpeg coversion for the web but the Tiff print is much more detailed.

Charles

P.S. I would usually have cloned out all the lose hair strands also but the client's mother didn't want that done & she owns her own hair salon. Go Figure?!

Last edited by cshanaberger; Sep 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 1:52 PM   #22

The shots look good enough to me on a medium level.. that meaning with not a whole lot of knowledge of shooting in my back ground just the basics.. With what you said of the tree in shot#1 I see you actually meant #2 I did not even see that tree I was looking at the subject.... so that tells me that most of the people that get these shots are going to look at the subject not the tree growing out of his head.... and any ways shots that have bloppers in them make the world laugh as well so don't worry about any of that stuff in shots and just be the best you can be or better your self while being.... Ya have not drowned down there have ya?
SharpShotGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 2:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Sounds like we're in for a doozy of a storm. going down to the boat in a few minutes to secure it. If I wait to the last day, it will be bedlam at the marina.

Zig
P.S. got the E-30
Hey Zig, I'm a weather geek. If you want to track Earl I recommend this site:

http://www.stormpulse.com/atlantic

Stay safe! (But get us photos...)

Ted

PS: Know where the slang term duesy came from? Almost a century ago the Duesenberg was widely regarded as the most elegant automobile available.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:10 PM   #24

Hey Zig

Those are really nice.. esp the first pic .. very sharp indeed!

Well done mate!

Cheers

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpShotGal View Post
The shots look good enough to me on a medium level.. that meaning with not a whole lot of knowledge of shooting in my back ground just the basics.. With what you said of the tree in shot#1 I see you actually meant #2 I did not even see that tree I was looking at the subject.... so that tells me that most of the people that get these shots are going to look at the subject not the tree growing out of his head.... and any ways shots that have bloppers in them make the world laugh as well so don't worry about any of that stuff in shots and just be the best you can be or better your self while being.... Ya have not drowned down there have ya?
Well, you're right. We're our own biggest critics. The parents were pleased with what I gave them. So, that's all that counts, in the end.

The rain hasn't arrived yet. But it will and we'll have a pretty good blow come through here. The last major storm that came thru here was Hurricane Bob in '91.

I wouldn't mind if another storm didn't hit here for another 19 years.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2010, 3:26 PM   #26

Hi Ted,

I'll bookmark that site. This is getting rather interesting. No telling where this one's going just yet.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
going down to the boat in a few minutes to secure it.
No way to pull it out of the water? That sucker is bigger than any 4 east-coast States taken together...

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Sep 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 5:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
No way to pull it out of the water? That sucker is bigger than any 4 east-coast States taken together...

Ted
I'm an ex-Navy officer. I'm sure you know this but the worst place for ships to be, in bad weather, is near land. Land tends to rip the bottoms out of ships. The Navy always scrambles ships out of port when a hurricane is on the way. Here's the news from Norfolk today:
"NORFOLK -- Navy ships and aircraft from North Carolina to Maine are ready to get underway to get out of Hurricane Earl's path, if conditions warrant."

Just a suggestion.

ted
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:28 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
I'm an ex-Navy officer. I'm sure you know this but the worst place for ships to be, in bad weather, is near land. Land tends to rip the bottoms out of ships. The Navy always scrambles ships out of port when a hurricane is on the way. Here's the news from Norfolk today:
"NORFOLK -- Navy ships and aircraft from North Carolina to Maine are ready to get underway to get out of Hurricane Earl's path, if conditions warrant."

Just a suggestion.

ted
Hi Ted,

Just got back from the marina. The marina owners tell me that at the first sign of a change in direction of Earl, they'll pull the boat. The owners work on the property on a daily basis. They have two giant lifts that can yank the boat out of the water in a couple of minutes. They'll store inside metal Quonset buildings.

Appreciate your concern and suggestions. Even though I've a trailer for the boat, I'll let them yank it out using the lift. Reason being, the two ramps this evening were already tied up with owners pulling their boats out of the water. Tomorrow will be a zoo there.
Zig

Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:45 PM   #30

Sounds good, Zig.