Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:53 PM   #11

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow afternoon. Being a day game (1:05 first pitch, and nice weather for a change), I'll be using the EC20 a lot. Same spot as usual from 17 rows behind first base. Got my continuous AF mode set up to start AF with the AE/AF lock and mode 4 so the exposure does not lock until I fully press the release and well see if I can lock onto some sequences of player running bases, fielding grounds balls, running down fly balls, etc, etc...something other than what I normally do.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:31 PM   #12

I'm anxious to see'em Greg.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 8:32 AM   #13

Is this only applicable to the E3 and E30? Will I see an improvement with the E620?
Facebook

Olympus E30 | Zuiko 50-200mm SWD | EC-14 | EC-20| EX-25 | FL-50R
piXelatedEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2010, 9:07 AM   #14

I have seen comments from users on the Olympus DSLR forum at DPReview that indicated the firmware upgrade helped with just about any camera. I definitely recall the E520 being mentioned by someone as showing improvement with the 50-200 SWD. I have not yet tried them with my E620 to see how they work.

The E3 and E30 I believe are mentioned most because of their faster AF systems, but the SWD lenses were no slouch on my E620 before the firmware upgrade.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Sep 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 7:30 PM   #15

Now that I've tried it, I can say continuous AF isn't the best way to be shooting baseball until you have practiced a bit, which is probably right for many other subjects too.. I had a great shot of Chone Figgins making a leaping throw from his second base position and it was wildly out of focus because I FAILED to trigger AF by pressing down on the AE/AF lock before tripping the shutter!

Otherwise, it was a fun game. First time I have ever seen a team win on a walk-off strike out.