Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 11, 2010, 6:28 AM   #1

Default Take a look at the POTD

Congrats go out to Allen Spiclin, an Aussie, whose photo graces this mornings POTD page.

Taken with an E-500. Love those colors

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2010, 9:56 AM   #2

Adam, do you know him? (yes, I do know there are a lot of folks living in Australia).
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:13 AM   #3

Hi Ted,

No, I don't. Just thought it was a nice photo taken with an Oly E-500 and I thought it worthy to point out.

To me, it was a reminder that you don't need to have the latest and greatest to be able to take a good photo.

Lastly, it reminded me that the E-500 produced images with really wonderful colors.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:28 AM   #4

Hi, Zig

I wasn't asking you, I was asking Adam (pixelatedempire) who unlike you and me, actually lives in Australia. You need more coffee.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:28 PM   #5

Nuffin' wrong with the old 500. I'm starting to sort mine out and my camera bag, for a drive from the top of Washington State to the tip of Baja. That should keep me out of trouble for a while. I'll try not to drop off the world this time.

One of my ideas is to make up a Photo book of the trip. I see lots of companies, MPix etc. who send you templates and make them up for you. I can give copies to the grandkids and all that. Anyone got any tips or ideas.....Huh huh?
It'll be about a 5,000mile round trip lasting about 2 1/2 months. We have a decent little Mazda Tribute 4x4 SUV. The highways are pretty good but narrower than here but then I've driven all over the world. I just won't be on the road at night. We do like to get off the beaten track and have some don't miss places already.

As for my thread jacking I'd better get back on topic...

Brilliant colours, sharp as a tack, well composed shot of a frog with a 'tude. Love it! Wonder what lens he used. That'd be the 70-300 for me but probably more like the 50-200.

Last edited by Scouse; Oct 11, 2010 at 4:05 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Hi, Zig

I wasn't asking you, I was asking Adam (pixelatedempire) who unlike you and me, actually lives in Australia. You need more coffee.

Ted

Zig

Old Oct 11, 2010, 2:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Nuffin' wrong with the old 500. I'm starting to sort mine out and my camera bag, for a drive from the top of Washington State to the tip of Baja. That should keep me out of trouble for a while. I'll try not to drop off the world this time.

One of my ideas is to make up a Photo book of the trip. I see lots of companies, MPix etc. who send you templates and make them up for you. I can give copies to the grandkids and all that. Anyone got any tips or ideas.....Huh huh?
It'll be about a 5000k round trip lasting about 2 1/2 months. We have a decent little Mazda Tribute 4x4 SUV. The highways are pretty good but narrower than here but then I've driven all over the world. I just won't be on the road at night. We do like to get off the beaten track and have some don't miss places already.

As for my thread jacking I'd better get back on topic...

Brilliant colours, sharp as a tack, well composed shot of a frog with a 'tude. Love it! Wonder what lens he used. That'd be the 70-300 for me but probably more like the 50-200.
Hi Ken,
I had some experience using www.Snapfish.com

They have, like many others do as well, a wide variety of options relative to creating books. Their software was easy to use and insert photos, create stories as well as move stuff around.

Zig

Old Oct 11, 2010, 3:33 PM   #8

that is quite a looker....if a frog can be such. Excellent capture. This isn't the first POTD from someone who I do not recall ever seeing participate in this forum. That's too bad.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2010, 8:09 PM   #9

That is a good capture. The Australian tree frog appears to have a blunter nose than the local ones around here. I have a little green and white tree frog that frequents my front porch and some of my trees, and the face is much thinner than the Australian version.

Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote