Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:52 AM   #111

I agree - that little P&S handled those extreme lighting situations really well. Plus the photos are good - she has a pretty good eye for composition.

There's nothing wrong with having a Canon, although I would still miss an OVF.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2011, 12:06 PM   #112

Thanks guys. I thought the pics were good enough to post, at least as a travelog. She does have a better eye than me for comp.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:54 PM   #113

....a FaceBook friend (actually a high school classmate, 1956) posted this for a live cam watch of a Bald Eagle nest site in Iowa, with sound.

I've been watching it some and find it interesting and entertaining. I've seen one chick in the nest, the cam is remote controlled for live zoom and direction. It will stay with the nest until the young eagle leaves, I've watched a couple peregrine falcon cams but this is the best live cam I've seen.

http://www.raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/index.html

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:21 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....a FaceBook friend (actually a high school classmate, 1956) posted this for a live cam watch of a Bald Eagle nest site in Iowa, with sound.

I've been watching it some and find it interesting and entertaining. I've seen one chick in the nest, the cam is remote controlled for live zoom and direction. It will stay with the nest until the young eagle leaves, I've watched a couple peregrine falcon cams but this is the best live cam I've seen.

Thanks - that's way cool. When I tuned in the firstborn looked like it was pretty cold but it walked toward mommy who then tucked it in underneath her. Mothers are the same regardless of species.

Ted
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:23 PM   #115

You guys seen this? WARNING!! Make sure have a fresh Depends on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8M07Gtlb5A
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:29 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
Thanks guys. I thought the pics were good enough to post, at least as a travelog. She does have a better eye than me for comp.
Well I think you have a good eye for composition also. Which is why, when I mentioned that she did, I resisted the strong temptation to be a smartass and ask if you were sure she was your daughter.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:13 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Well I think you have a good eye for composition also. Which is why, when I mentioned that she did, I resisted the strong temptation to be a smartass and ask if you were sure she was your daughter.
You resisted being a smartarse.

Not feeling well..?

Or.

Thanks, I guess.....

Hey Bob, they've been showing that clip on the local news here and now they have quite a following. Mothers love huh?!

Last edited by Scouse; Apr 5, 2011 at 8:16 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:18 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
You resisted being a smartarse.

Not feeling well..?

Or.

Thanks, I guess.....
I agree on two points. One: your daughters photos are well composed; and Two: somebody call a doctor for Ted, he must be under the weather. LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:17 PM   #119

Quote:
Hey Bob, they've been showing that clip on the local news here and now they have quite a following. Mothers love huh?!

hi Ken,

....this is absolutely the best bird live cam I've seen. I have it running full-time on the MAC-mini network client machine FULL-screen, full time, it is the same as TV in that one must see it from some distance for near HD quality. What a pleasure to look at it when passing by and seeing nature in its purest form.

The night IR run is fascinating......... I hope all who are interested in the bald eagle will visit the site.

As for the followers, the count never seems to be below 100,000 viewers and earlier today I saw 175,000.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Apr 10, 2011 at 7:21 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:35 AM   #120

With the weather storms in Iowa overnight I was a bit concerned for the eagles but they are good. Mom was showing wet and it is foggy at the nest site this am. She just finished feeding fish to the the chicks, they each ate well with the newest/littlest getting the most of the offerings. Truly amazing to see this natural happening.

If you've not seen this and are interested in the bald eagle take a peek and be sure to click the lower rightmost icon for full screen and view it from a distance which would be relevant to a TV of the same size as the computer monitor.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com