Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:11 PM   #211

"If" they lost, it would only be the heat...

Go Mariners...!!!

Nothing to do with Mariners having the lowest score in the league.

Last edited by Scouse; Aug 9, 2011 at 4:24 PM.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:13 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Not nice.... Just before the first pitch this past Saturday night...
And that was a night game? Jeeeez.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:15 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
Hah! In a similar vein, I always wondered how the Denver Broncos could lose a home game (especially after living at a similar altitude in Arizona). At a mile high you're missing 10% of the oxygen present at sea level. I know they're young, but still...

Ted
Ha! I'll tell you. I used to play soccer for Park City, that's at 7,000+ feet. Didn't matter what the half time score was after 90 minutes non stop running, the oppos were toast.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:51 PM   #214

Quote:
And that was a night game? Jeeeez.
Yeah....by 11pm when the game ended it had "dropped" all the way to 97.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:18 PM   #215

Hi Gang: I'm back from an extended time out of state, and looking to catch up on the new photos posted to the forum. I'm sure that there have been some good ones posted while I was away. I'll be trying to catch up over the next few days.

I took the E-3 to my wife's family reunion in Virginia, and I was assigned to the role of photographer, so almost everything I took was people shots, mainly in large groups. I'm not used to doing a lot of people photography, but the E-3 came thru and did very well with that type of shooting.

I was really pleased with how well it captured the varied skin tones of the crowd, under different lighting conditions. Almost all the shots were keepers, I was pleasantly surprised at how few shots I discarded. I would have had many more discards with my E-520.

After 4 straight days and 3 drained batteries, my impressions are still overwhelmingly positive of the camera. While others had their cameras there, I can say that the E-3 results definitely outdid any of them.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2011, 10:25 PM   #216

hi Steven,

....only 3 bats over 4-days! I need to get a couple new batteries, mine just don't las that long.

I am so happy you are now shooting with an E-3, what lenses are you mainly using with it?

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:56 AM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
After 4 straight days and 3 drained batteries, my impressions are still overwhelmingly positive of the camera. While others had their cameras there, I can say that the E-3 results definitely outdid any of them.
Welcome back! Sounds like you're making great use of the E-3. Did you bring the battery from the E-520 along as a backup?

I take it from your post that you didn't get any shots of gators or pink flamingos. (The latter are not impossible here in the mid-Atlantic, just different than what you're used to...)

Ted
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:58 AM   #218

[QUOTE=boBBrennan;1249007]hi Steven,

....only 3 bats over 4-days! I need to get a couple new batteries, mine just don't las that long.
QUOTE]

Bob if you do get new ones get the BLM-5 (OEM or a good copy) - it really does have more stored energy than the BLM-1. You will need the new charger, though.

Ted
Old Aug 17, 2011, 8:40 AM   #219

Quote:
Welcome back! Sounds like you're making great use of the E-3. Did you bring the battery from the E-520 along as a backup?

I take it from your post that you didn't get any shots of gators or pink flamingos. (The latter are not impossible here in the mid-Atlantic, just different than what you're used to...)

Ted
Hi Ted: I have collected a total of 5 BLM-1 batteries over the past years, starting since I bought a C-8080 many years ago. While I used 3 on this trip, I can't complain because I used both live view and flash on several occasions, and I know that uses up the battery faster. But I was sweating that last day of shooting, because I was down to my last battery that I had with me, thinking that 3 was enough, and had left the charger at home.

No shots of gators or pink flamingos this time. I was way up in the mountains at Hot Springs Virginia. I understand they have plenty of bears up there, but I don't think those folks have ever seen a gator. LOL

Hi BoBB: On this trip almost everything was shot with my kit 14-42mm. It worked fine for people shots. I think I only took the 70-300 out of the bag one time for a couple shots, everything else was just the kit lens. Lots of pretty country up there, but never really had a chance to do any nature shots this time, so I don't have many shots from this trip to post on the forum, as I won't bore everybody with just people shots.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2011, 1:23 PM   #220

I have one of those 'cheapo' inverters, enough to use the battery charger on, that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Works for me...!