Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Sep 4, 2011, 9:12 PM   #241

Sunday 09/04 ... Great DPOTD by Craig Leach.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 5, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 3:23 PM   #242

Default Are you Texans OK?

As far as I can tell, none of the wildfires are near a major city but it's hard to find a good map of them. This one doesn't include any cities:

http://quitmanschools.com/pgqja/Texas-Wildfires-Map

Ted

PS: Hurricane Katia. Just what we need. They ought to toss in another earthquake just to make it interesting - we're getting pretty bored with the weather here...

Last edited by tkurkowski; Sep 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:49 PM   #243

....all ok here in the immediate DFW (Dallas Fort Worth) metroplex. The most major of the fire systems near DFW was/is the Possum Kingdom reservoir community which is 50-60 miles west of Ft Worth. That fire destroyed so far 7k acres and many homes, last April another fire ravaged that area too for 5k acres; quite a few homes were lost in that system.

We've gotten the long awaited weather break, the Hi-pressure dome is now moved away, out high temp for today (0905) was 90F, the temps are down 20+ degrees all 24-hrs from yesterday to today.......... no more 100+ days are expected for this year though we will be warm for a while yet. No rain yet for Texas, that is our main lacking right now with the lakes down many feet. I was at our lake (Arlington) this morning and the water level is down 6-8 ft from just 60-days ago. It is amazing how much surface water is lost to evaporation in 60+ days of 100-115F temps.

Haven't seen anything from Greg C. since he was in town last week for a Rangers baseball game but the TX wildfires have not affected Dallas.

.....thanks for asking Ted, I know the hurricane delt some big hits all along the coast
and the flooding news I've seen reminds me of the midwest flooding except that the Missouri river spreads so much wider and takes so much longer so normalize.

BUT.......... football season has begun and in Texas that is all that matters; after BBQ.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:49 PM   #244

Good to hear, Bob. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:48 PM   #245

Gone for a while ....

I am at the hospital since last Friday but sick sinve a couple of days before ... I'll be back in a couple of weeks I bet ...

Gilles

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:17 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by folob View Post
Gone for a while ....

I am at the hospital since last Friday but sick since a couple of days before ... I'll be back in a couple of weeks I bet ...

Gilles
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Gilles. Will be looking forward to your return.

Last edited by Steven R; Sep 9, 2011 at 6:56 AM.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:24 AM   #247

to all the gang from D.C thru the Northeast: I saw that the areas are experiencing more flooding from the remnants of the latest storm. Hope everyone stays safe and escapes further damage.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:39 AM   #248

I have 2" of water in my basement. I sure wish Bob Brennan would get off his posterior and take it to Texas.

Ted
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:04 AM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
I have 2" of water in my basement. I sure wish Bob Brennan would get off his posterior and take it to Texas.

Ted
That stinks. Hope you didn't have anything of value stored down there. Any danger of it getting higher?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:28 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
That stinks. Hope you didn't have anything of value stored down there. Any danger of it getting higher?
Doesn't look like we'll get more flooding here. This was just a storm and I have never seen it rain so hard for so long before (I've never been in a hurricane though). Most of what's down there are boxes of books I never re-read but couldn't bear to give away. I think that attachment is solved for me now.

Ted