Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 28, 2012, 12:26 PM   #361

Default ....recent webinar for ASP (After Shot Pro) photo edit software

....many of you know that of the numerous photo editing packages I have used Bibble Pro for quite a few years. Why? For starters Bibble was developed by a local Texas team, it has always been leading edge in features, it has always been easy to understand for usage and it was offered at my local camera store at a discount when I first purchased Bibble v3.9 in 2006.

Bibble Labs was purchased by Corel during 2011 and as of Jan 01, 2012 Bibble Pro is Corel branded AfterShot Pro.

Corel is planning a series of webinars to teach ASP usage. I've just finished watching the first which was done yesterday (Jan 27). The presentation is very well done, easy to follow and is a well rounded discussion for general usage of the basic features including cataloging and multi folder & image output and selective editing.

For any who are anticipating a move to one of the more energized photo editing software systems but have little or no experience of them this is a worthwhile seeing event.

For any who are currently using one of the editing powerhouses you also might like seeing where ASP/BibblePro is different.

This is the link to the webinar recording, it is approx 30-min in length. If you do watch it I encourage you to see the entirety of it because some useful question/answer at the end. Enjoy!

link ===> http://tinyurl.com/6rbuhpo

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 2, 2012 at 8:29 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 10:25 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rriley View Post
plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ɟo doʇ uo ǝɹɐ ǝʍ 'ɐılɐɹʇsnɐ uı
Hmmm, The Lancet (a British medical journal) published a study that reveals Australians lead a laid back lifestyle that has more than sun and surf: The denizens Down Under consume more marijuana than any other people on the planet.
Waltzing Matilda indeed.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:34 AM   #363

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Hmmm, The Lancet (a British medical journal) published a study that reveals Australians lead a laid back lifestyle that has more than sun and surf: The denizens Down Under consume more marijuana than any other people on the planet.
Waltzing Matilda indeed.
That certainly explains....well never mind.

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2012, 5:42 PM   #364

Default .....the eagles of Decorah, Iowa USA

The eagles (referred to in the chats as Mom & Dad) at the Decorah, IA fish hatchery have mated, the nest is remodeled and M & D are working everyday to get it ready for this years hatch.

This will be my third (3) year to watch the Decorah, Ia bald eagles. The nest is now approx. 9 ft diameter and better than 1,000 lbs in a Cottonwood tree at 60 ft ht. The tree sits on the bank of a creek which runs through a trout fish hatchery in a rural setting in extreme northeast Iowa.

The cameras were upgraded and repositioned during the winter and the live cam-feed is superfine near HD quality and this year a select number of remote operators tend to the camera views.... this is not a static set nest view, lots going on everyday. During the dark hours the system turns to high-quality IR, this is a 24/7 system.

INVITE: If you have an interest in the American Bald Eagle nesting & chick rearing habits, frolicking and feeding from egg laying, hatching, parenting and fledging I will tell you that this is the site to see it all happen.

Raptor Resource Project http://tinyurl.com/4c3ayxu

When the site page initially starts there is a 30-second commercial shown in the viewing applet, once that finishes x-off the strip message at the bottom of the view area; it then is not a nuisance. To watch the eagles you do not need to register or do any level of login..... it is a free to view non soliciting project.

Again, the video quality of the new cameras is excellent, on my iMAC 27 at full screen it is very sharp.

I run the nest view full screen on a HP2207 HDMI monitor (MAC mini) and let it run during the day as a page off the browser, there is live sound too but the wind noise is annoying for sure (muting is my std), but catch the nest eagle calling to its mate is sometimes fun to listen to.

There is a lot going on with RRP and the posted reports of previous tagged eagles from the nest can be interesting reading/learning too.

Thanks for reading, I hope you might get acquainted with this eagle pair, they are fascinating to many.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:24 AM   #365

Default The former president of Olympus has been arrested

From Japan Today News:

"TOKYO —
The former president of Olympus has been arrested in Tokyo, prosecutors said Thursday, the latest twist in one of the biggest ever financial scandals to rock corporate Japan.

Tsuyoshi Kikukawa—who has been named as a key player in a scheme to shift $1.7 billion of losses from the camera-maker’s balance sheet—was arrested on suspicion of violating laws banning falsification of financial statements.

The Tokyo District Public Prosecutors Office said in a statement it had also arrested former vice president Hisashi Mori, 54, former auditor Hideo Yamada, 67, as well as former brokerage house executive Akio Nakagawa, 61.

Three other former officials of another brokerage house were arrested by the Metropolitan Police Department, the prosecutor’s office said.
All seven conspired to falsify Olympus’s balance sheet, reporting that its consolidated net assets stood at 344.871 billion yen ($4.4 billion) in fiscal 2006 instead of 233.737 billion yen, the prosecutors’ statement said..."

read the rest here:

http://www.japantoday.com/category/c...thers-arrested

Apparently it's fairly unusual for arrests like this in Japan, and there's a lot of skepticism that they will really be punished. Unlike in the US, where all of the greedy crooks running the investment banks, who caused a world-wide recession, have received significant jail sentences and fines.

Oooops, maybe not...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:18 AM   #366

Default We have a new org chart in my company

It may look familiar to some of you.
Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:11 PM   #367

Default Ya gotta love Kirk Tuck

See this blog article about what is "professional equipment" in photography.

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com...fessional.html
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:28 PM   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
See this blog article about what is "professional equipment" in photography.

http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com...fessional.html

Bingo!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 8:43 PM   #369

Default Scott Kelby on being a landscape photographer

From his book, “The Digital Photography Book”, Volume 4, Scott Kelby on being a landscape photographer:

Quote:
I think one of the most appealing things about being a landscape photographer is not only are you coming back with amazing photos, but you get to experience some of the best of what nature has to offer while you're doing it. I'll never forget this one time I was shooting in Montana's Glacier National Park. I got up around 4:15am, so I could head out early and be in position for a dawn shoot. When I reached the lake overview, it was still pitch dark, and I remember setting up my tripod and watching it blow right over in the freezing wind that whipped off the lake. I just laughed and set it right back up, attached my camera gear to the ballhead, and realized that I'd better not let go of the rig or it, too, might blow over. I didn't want to give up my spot, because I had a pretty good vantage point (at least it looked like a good one in the dim moonlight). So, there I stood, out in the freezing, bitter cold, where each gust of wind was like a thousand knives jabbing right through me. I'm standing there shivering in the piercing cold, and then it started to rain. Not snow. Nope, that would have been pretty. It was rain. A driving rain that felt like a massive army of Lilliputians were firing their tiny arrows at me, but I just stood there in the bone-chilling cold like a wet, frozen statue, with my cracked, frostbitten fingers barely able to grip my tripod. I silently prayed for the sweet mercy of death to come upon me and relieve me of this frigid hostile misery. It was just then when I looked over and saw another photographer, who had just set up his tripod about 14 feet from me, slip on the ice that had form on the overlook. I stood there and watched as he and his tripod, expensive camera and all, slid down the side of the embankment. I could hear him moaning for help, but I just couldn't stop smiling as I looked over and saw his Tamrac camera bag still up on the overlook beside me. I nearly pulled a muscle as I tossed his gear-laden bag into my rented SUV and quickly drove away, thinking to myself, “Man, this is what it's all about!”
Of course, this is just a spoof. But, it just shows you how he livens up what could be some pretty dry material. I laughed so hard I cried when I read this.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 2:48 PM   #370

And that's why my next big trip planned is the desert SW and my goal of Monument Valley.

I've done the SW a few times but that was back in the OM1 & 2 days. Always missed monument Valley though.

If he can do it, so can I pilgrim..
Oh wrong guy, that's Henry Fonda..

I'll be looking for and planning those sunrise and sunset shots.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote