Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jun 16, 2013, 1:33 PM   #481

Ted, the link works fine. I did the survey from my iPAD.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 2:38 PM   #482

Just as an FYI for certain people (Ken) there is an E-30 currently for sale at $475 from one of the Fourthirdsphoto forum members.
http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/buy...condition.html
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:54 AM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Just as an FYI for certain people (Ken) there is an E-30 currently for sale at $475 from one of the Fourthirdsphoto forum members.
http://forum.fourthirdsphoto.com/buy...condition.html
Thanks Steven....

Great price, It's a tad early yet but I will put the word out prolly later in the year for something like that.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 7:12 AM   #484

Default And now for something completely different

Herr Nilsson is a street artist in Stockholm who, um, travels to a different drummer. This is his "Dark Pricesses" series.
Attached Images

tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:09 AM   #485

LOL. He probably was on the losing end of a prior run-in with a lady.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 10:45 PM   #486

Where have all the Olympus 4/3 shooters gone? Has everyone switched over to the Oly m4/3 forums? I see so few comments here, and there are a lot of Oly guys who have not posted anything here in many, many months. Let us know where you are and how you are doing fellows.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:49 AM   #487

Hi Steve,

I'm still alive but I've been so busy lately I haven't had my E3 in my hands for over a month. I know the question refers to the M43 readers but just putting my two cents in. Seems like Olympus should be releasing a new M43 cam before too long.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 11:03 AM   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post
As you know I'm a railfan and somehow I got on an email list of a company that imports European model railroad products (mostly HO gauge). I stayed on the list because it shows me locomotives and rolling stock that we never saw in the US. This beer waggon is the most unusual I've seen so far and that photo is their product photo.

Me either, but I figured even we non beer drinkers could appreciate the concept. Too bad they never did a similar boxcar in Scotland...
I'm a railfan myself and I will go out of my way to catch a train. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Last year they were laying new track and I must have spent an hour watching them.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 2:46 PM   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
I'm a railfan myself and I will go out of my way to catch a train. My wife thinks I'm crazy. Last year they were laying new track and I must have spent an hour watching them.
Steve, I've been busy too but like James I'm planning some rail photos. Which require a telephoto and a viewfinder not a camera at arm's length. #snark

James, I recently discovered that you can easily listen to railroad communications (don't tell your wife I said this). They're at 160 mHz, and you don't need to spend a lot of money for a scanner - I just ordered the ICom IC-v82 which has a good reputation:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121374380048...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edit: The reason I ordered it is that due to security concerns, railroads won't anymore tell you their freight train schedules. I have a couple of great locations for a train photo but I can't just camp out there all day - I need to get more specific on schedules, which I think the rail radio will help with.

Last edited by tkurkowski; Apr 22, 2015 at 2:56 PM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:04 PM   #490

Ted: good to hear from you. You haven't posted in a while, and I wondered if you were busy, or just goofing off. LOL