Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:02 AM   #61

We got into San Jose Del Cabo yesterday afternoon after a week on the road. It wasn't all go though we took a day off in Loreto, nice little town. And a day at Todos Santos. Great place, arty community and a good mix of Mex & Gringo. Had a nice casual dinner in the Hotel California...Shades of the Eagles.
Haven't had the camera out much, we just wanted to get down here but I've already seen shots I need to take. We plan on taking our time on the return trip for the road shots.
Later.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2010, 12:32 PM   #62

Quote:
Had a nice casual dinner in the Hotel California...Shades of the Eagles.
....one of my all time favorites of the Eagles

Glad y'all are into the trip, good to hear from you.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:15 PM   #63

Default I think it's time to say Happy Holidays

Hi All,

It being that time of season, I thought I would wish all of you and your loved ones a Happy & Healthy Holiday and a prosperous New Year

Zig
Attached Images

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:20 AM   #64

Thanks Zig and I wish the same for you.

BTW, do you realize that when we hit the winter solstice and officially start winter, along the east coast it looks like our weather will get some 10F warmer? Did we get teleported to Australia without knowing it?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2010, 9:44 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkurkowski View Post

BTW, do you realize that when we hit the winter solstice and officially start winter, along the east coast it looks like our weather will get some 10F warmer? Did we get teleported to Australia without knowing it?

Ted
And here I always thought it got warmer because that's when I start drinking
hot chocolate spiced with a little Kahlua......

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 3:41 PM   #66

Default Just a note to say hello and invitation to join in.

I've been noticing lately, a significant increase in the number of viewers on this specific "Olympus DSLR" forum. I don't know the exact reason, maybe it's too cold outside, so people go on their computers and run searches, etc.

Whatever the reason, I'm happy to see that 1- there are people out there interested in the Olympus line of cameras, 2-interested in Steve's Digicams' website, and appear to be coming back to look again. At least, that's what the numbers appear to indicate.

Now, I'm hoping that you folks that visit on a regular basis, but to this point, haven't posted, chime in with your thoughts, questions, ideas or whatever.

It would be good to hear from you.

Zig

Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:35 PM   #67

Hello guys:
I'm back and trying to catch up with all the postings in the Oly forum that I have missed. I can already see that you guys have been very active over the past 3 weeks, and there are a lot of great shots that have been posted and I am looking forward to seeing them all. I'm going to start going thru every post that I have missed.

(On a personal note, I would also like to thank you all for the personal messages of condolences which I rec'd from the forum members. That was comforting and meant a lot. This is a great group on this forum.)
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:42 PM   #68

I didn't take these so I'll use this thread. They wouldn't let us use or take our own cameras on board. They have their own camera "person", cute little thing she was too.
They had a sale on their prints so I broke down and picked up a couple. Then ran up to Office Max and had them scan them onto my thumb drive. (for a dollar 20 a pic.) Don't have to wait until I get back to my scanner this way.

A sailing friend brought his family down for 5 days so we went out on the Americas Cup boats for a match race. Well sort of, with the motley crew we had but it was a blast. My third time out with them in 3 years and well worth it. The professional crew work hard at making you feel part of the scene.

My last race before coming down was in freezing rain and a hard cold wind so that helped the warm fuzzy feelings here.

Nando is an old sailing friend and good buddy in real estate. Wish I had his language skills.
Attached Images

Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:44 PM   #69

.....FUN stuff going on there, I can tell it was.

Sometimes I long for a chance to run a motocross bike again (37-years since the last race), just to know I could for a couple putzy laps, though modern suspension + course design would likely make all that a disastrous adventure.

Keep having fun
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2011, 7:27 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I
A sailing friend brought his family down for 5 days so we went out on the Americas Cup boats for a match race.
Well Ken it's a good thing you were working that Harken, because the few racing sailboat captains I know have only one viewpoint. If something does not actively contribute to speed it must be contributing to drag and it goes overboard. Including people. (I was going to say "including passengers" but that's not a concept they understand. "Including crew" they understand.)

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote