Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Jan 21, 2011, 10:47 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
.....FUN stuff going on there, I can tell it was.

Sometimes I long for a chance to run a motocross bike again (37-years since the last race), just to know I could for a couple putzy laps, though modern suspension + course design would likely make all that a disastrous adventure.

Keep having fun
____
boBB
Know exactly how you feel Bob, I used to do desert racing. Mojave every weekend for fun or racing. Did one of the first Barstow Vegas runs..... Well I started it, hard to repair a chain with fence wire..
Don't understand 'no rear shocks'..!

Good words Ted. I like to get involved. I tend to 'sit' on winches now (as opposed to wenches..) Foredeck is for the young!!!!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 4:58 PM   #72

All the best to you guys from DC to the Northeast that got hit with the latest storm. Hope that all stay safe and dry and warm.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 6:40 PM   #73

......what Steven said

I Just watched the national news about the storm, my o'my.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jan 27, 2011 at 6:42 PM. Reason: ....to spell Steven as Steven instead of what it was B4 making the change
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2011, 9:35 AM   #74

Thanks guys. See my post in the Snowshoe thread.

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 9:33 AM   #75

Default ......brrrrrrrrrrr, Feb 01, 2011

........it's a brrrrrrrrrrrr! morning here, just 10 miles from the stadium. The recap is ice, sleet, snow, more sleet on top of that and 24 F on the back porch (sheltered from the wind). Just a few inches but for here it equates to a few feet of GB or Pitt weather stuff.

Yesterday it was 60+ F & Sunday was in the 70's, so today it is going to be single-digits (wind chill), the GB & Pitt folks (arrived in DFW yesterday) very much like the TEXAS welcome. We've got a surprise in store for them, it will be back in the upper 50's by game time....... The only things being interrupted are the parties and fun times that were scheduled as outdoor events to have begun last night.

Welcome to Texas Packers & Steelers fans, y'all will like it but your host committees' ambassadors will likely stay inside until the weather changes.... probably tomorrow.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 12, 2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:59 PM   #76

Hi Bob, Greg, and everyone down in Texas.

Man, I think I was beginning to feel a little sorry for us folks up here in the Northeast. Especially with all the ice and cold temps that have been here, it seems from the start of Winter.

I just watched the news while having dinner and saw the news accounts coming out of Texas and Oklahoma. Geez Louise, you guys are in the middle of some of the worst weather to hit in a long long time.

Hope you & yours stay safe.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:27 PM   #77

Sorry I haven't had a chance to comment on some excellent photos that has been posted by you guys over the past days. I just did a quick glance thru the threads tonight. Good job Scouse and the rest of you.

These last few months have not been kind to my family and I. I had to rush to North Carolina on Monday afternoon, as my Mother had another stroke and was rushed to the hospital. It doesn't look like she is going to make it. We are just taking it day by day.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I wasn't just ignoring your posts for no reason.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 12:17 AM   #78

Steven,

This is sad news, it has indeed been a difficult few months, be and stay strong.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Feb 12, 2011, 9:41 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Sorry I haven't had a chance to comment on some excellent photos that has been posted by you guys over the past days. I just did a quick glance thru the threads tonight. Good job Scouse and the rest of you.

These last few months have not been kind to my family and I. I had to rush to North Carolina on Monday afternoon, as my Mother had another stroke and was rushed to the hospital. It doesn't look like she is going to make it. We are just taking it day by day.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I wasn't just ignoring your posts for no reason.
Had a feeling something was up. Not a great start for the year for you. Just stay tight and be there for her. We'll be here for you.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:13 AM   #80

Steven, my father's health is failing - you have my unconditional sympathy. Hang in there - there's no good way to deal with the loss of a parent. One reason is that when our parents are still alive, our own mortality is theoretical in our minds. When they're gone, it's no longer theoretical.

Ted

Last edited by tkurkowski; Feb 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote