Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus dSLR

Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:55 PM   #1

Default Official Off-topic, rumor, chat thread for Olympus DSLR community

I don't know if I'm breaking any rules here but I think we really need a chat thread.

Using on-going threads (Thread Jacking they call it ) is an inconvenient way to exchange thoughts, info, camera stories. or just harrassing the old guys. Probably a little disconcerting for someone who really just wants you to comment on their latest creation.
What do you think of my baby?

If it upsets anybody, we'll just close it!
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:31 PM   #2

Good idea. I'd rather do this than jack threads.

(Why do I have the feeling this was directed at me?)
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:12 PM   #3

Hi guys,

Steve's has a forum marked as "General Discussion" which I think, would be a perfect fit for what you describe.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Hi guys,

Steve's has a forum marked as "General Discussion" which I think, would be a perfect fit for what you describe.

Zig
I was thinking closer to home...Like us guys here. I don't know those people out there. How about we call it "General Olympus DSLR Discussion." Or not!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
I was thinking closer to home...Like us guys here. I don't know those people out there. How about we call it "General Olympus DSLR Discussion." Or not!
Good morning Ken,

give it a go and see where it takes ya!

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Yes, I agree with that. Couldn't the administrators just post that kind of thread as a "sticky"? That would keep it at the top of the Oly dslr thread, so it wouldn't get lost in the pack whenever other threads are added to the forum. I think with this group, that such a sticky thread staying at the beginning of the forum would be interesting and useful.

(Personally, I never mind when a thread is so called "hijacked", as I don't consider it as such. Even when the discussion goes off in a new direction, it is usually an interesting twist. None of us really know where a thread will eventually lead when a new one is started, and it keeps the forum both relative and interesting. I for one see a new thread as just a starting point, and never know where Ted will take it when he comments.) LOL
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:16 AM   #7

I kind of like the idea of a sticky thread for general Oly DSLR stuff.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:10 PM   #8

I'm sorting out my camera gear for a little drive to Cabo. Prolly about a 5,000 mile round trip. I still have my old and trusted E500 as my main camera, business the past 2 years has curtailed my updating. I do like the looks and reports from you guys on the E30 though
One of the goals is to get my head back into some decent photography (Hoping) and turn out a coffee table book of the trip. Summer was work sailing and racing on weekends.
Heading out somewhere around the 7th/10th Nov. We'll get away from the border and potential trouble spots, then explore a few side roads. My daughter and family will be flying over from their job in Shanghai and will spend 3 weeks over Xmas with us. The grandbrats are big into swimming now so they'll appreciate the warm clean water. Got to take them to the Bay of Magdelena to play with the whales and all that. Then they have a couple of Kiwi America's Cup boats in Cabo that run a day out with mockup races....and beer of course. That's one on my highlights.
I'll be keeping in touch with my notebook and running my blog. I'll be looking for your photos for inspiration.

Thems the plans anyhoo. (The best laid plans of mice and Ken)
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:59 AM   #9
Super Moderator

I had a few PM's about this getting stickied. And I am always in support of community building ideas.

So I went ahead and stickied this thread, and I hope you don't mind, but I changed up the title a little bit to be a little more clear for those first seeing this.

Enjoy Oly DSLR users
Old Oct 29, 2010, 6:32 AM   #10

Quote:
they have a couple of Kiwi America's Cup boats in Cabo that run a day out with mockup races....and beer of course. That's one on my highlights.
(The best laid plans of mice and Ken)
Highlights are the boats, or the beer?

Ted
tkurkowski is offline   Reply With Quote